• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello, I am new to firearms and have a question.......

www.claysmithguns.com_G_parts.jpg
Dang. May as well give you a tree limb and a knife and say "cut away all the parts that don't look like a rifle".

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/ft-ruger-sp101-357-kit-gun-4-2-inch.1449420/
Here is a kit gun that is not a S&W. So anyone can make a revolver and call it a kit gun I guess. The there are actual "kit guns" that come in pieces and need assembly. Either way the term kit gun has several definitions and I guess I will leave it at that. Hence my confusion. One day I will be a firearms expert like so many on the ODT.

I remember years ago in the early 80s, my uncle showed me a nice little Model 63 S&W .22 and said "this is a kit gun" I thought right then and there that my uncle was a pretty skilled man to be able to assemble such a good looking pistol. It took a few years for me to realize that it was for the pack kit.

I remember years ago in the early 80s, my uncle showed me a nice little Model 63 S&W .22 and said "this is a kit gun" I thought right then and there that my uncle was a pretty skilled man to be able to assemble such a good looking pistol. It took a few years for me to realize that it was for the pack kit.

Exactly!!! Now I've seen the term used so much there is no single definition for it. All those skilled DIY gun smiths hand crafting their kit guns....:wacko:

Kit gun = FAL garage build (or a named Smith - I have a box around here somewhere with that on the label)
Custom Snapper Raffle One-Off Rare = PSA AR-15 parts build.

Wasn't that the Kit Car Gun Kit made by Hasselhoff Enterprises.. You know The Kit Car Gun Kit, that is mounted in the front grill??
I think they still make these under the name TutItOut Manufacturing. I have an older model Kit Gun in my 32 Ford Coupe, but mine is mounted right above the side mirrors and are double barrels, I have one pointed towards the front and one pointing to the rear. You have to be careful or the mounting brackets will vibrate loose and no telling where the bullet will end up. Mine fell off about a month after I put it on and shot 2 holes in my wheel it looked pretty cool so I just shot 2 in each wheel so they would all match.

Back
Top Bottom