• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! 2007 bmw 328i wont start after new battery

I haven't done that yet. Thanks. I'll try. BTW. Hate how the fuse card shows pics instead of what it's for.
RIGHT! Those symbols are confusing! LOL There are a half dozen fuses for the 'engine'...

BMW's are great cars but electrical gremlins will drive you absolutely insane!

What cbh and Shawn said are probably good ideas to check IMO. A lot of newer cars need to have power while you disconnect the battery or you risk lots of potential problems. Could have also ruined a module.

Also (as said earlier) it is a good idea to eventually enter the battery info into the pcm (which requires the right plug in tool (yeah your getting screwed). Chances are that's not your problem but could lead to overcharging and more problems in the future.

This may sound really stupid but....

Are you pressing the brake while pushing the start button?
I asked my wife to move my BMW the other day and after 10 minutes she comes in the house saying it wouldn't start. I asked her to try pushing the brake when she started it...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's fixed!

My brother got it towed to a friend's body shop who had his bmw guy come and program the battery with a scanner. The new battery was a higher cc so it had to be programmed into the car. So freaking stupid if you ask me. 200 for the programming and 100 for towing.

Thanks for all the advice though

Breaking
My
Wallet

No kidding.

I had one.

Worst car I have EVER had-by far!

Some things (like the oil pressure sender)were just designed to fail. I replaced that sucker so many times, I knew the wrench size by heart.

And don't get me started on the fuel system.

Complete turd with a fancy name.

No kidding.

I had one.

Worst car I have EVER had-by far!

Some things (like the oil pressure sender)were just designed to fail. I replaced that sucker so many times, I knew the wrench size by heart.

And don't get me started on the fuel system.

Complete turd with a fancy name.

Oh, come on... they're GREAT cars (as long as they're under warranty!!) LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom