• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! 2007 bmw 328i wont start after new battery

So the alternator and voltage regulator in their $80K car can't determine a proper charge for the battery ?
Without telling the computer what battery you installed ?

Is this the BMW that also has no dipstick to check the oil ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding.

I had one.

Worst car I have EVER had-by far!

Some things (like the oil pressure sender)were just designed to fail. I replaced that sucker so many times, I knew the wrench size by heart.

And don't get me started on the fuel system.

Complete turd with a fancy name.

I agree, when my dad retired he bought a 1999 328i which was one of the last German built cars before manufacturing moved to SC. I never could get over him spending $800 for a routine brake job (2 wheels), $500 for the switch for the driver passenger AC/Heat thermostat, $100 for an oil change; nitrogen-only to air up the tires at the dealer (never mind the fact that the air we breathe is 80% nitrogen); ONLY PREMIUM GAS, a set of 4 tires for $1200 and on and on. They recently changed the battery but the repair guy had to keep power to the car computer while changing the battery. (I had a similar experience with my 2013 Honda CRV last fall but was at the auto part store where they did the install.) Later they bought a second 328i purchased new in 2009. They gave my daughter the 1999 328i in 2013 and she drove it until the engine gave a code requiring an expensive engine maintenance- she sold it and bought a new one. Neither parent drives now but they want us to maintain the 2009 anyway- just 18,000 miles on it. My sister drives them to a mountain retreat for a week each year. Other than that, it sits in the garage. I personally believe that BMW owners receive some sort of metal impairment causing them to spend much $$$$$ to keep the status quo.

Anybody who is spending that is out of their mind and are probably going to the dealer. I have a 335i (which is for sale btw) and I didn't spend close to that. New, performance tires ran me about $700. Yeah, they don't use a dipstick for the oil but they do have a sensor that tells you how much oil you have displayed on the cluster. The batteries are finicky on them and the electronics are all very sensitive. The power and handling (in my tuned 335i) is mind blowing though. Really, nothing compares.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's fixed!

My brother got it towed to a friend's body shop who had his bmw guy come and program the battery with a scanner. The new battery was a higher cc so it had to be programmed into the car. So freaking stupid if you ask me. 200 for the programming and 100 for towing.

Thanks for all the advice though

Would you have had to spend the $200 regardless if you knew it beforehand? So you're only out $100 for the towing over what it would have cost you anyway? That's not horrible, all things considered...

BMW's are great driving cars. That being said, never own one that is not under a factory warranty(said the BMW service advisor). If you can afford a BMW, just keep trading when the warranty runs out(said the BMW service advisor).

So the alternator and voltage regulator in their $80K car can't determine a proper charge for the battery ?
Without telling the computer what battery you installed ?

Is this the BMW that also has no dipstick to check the oil ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear some VWs are like that also.

Just a scam to get you to take it to a dealer for small stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom