• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! 44 Mag case Splitting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the first thing I asked him was if he had a 45lc there also and used it by mistake. Waiting to get my hands on the cases to look close. Wallacem

I have to say, .41 mag and .44 mag can be extremely difficult to separate.
They look very similar.

.380 & 9mm not a problem if you stand them on end but those .41 always seem to sneak in on me...
YMMV
:tyrannosaurus:

This looks like it is 41 mag brass shot in a 44 mag. I have seen old 44 mag reloads split when shooting. I had some 1986 44 mag reloads that I made for pistol silhouette matches. When I shoot them about 20% of the brass will split or break into. Now the brass has been reloaded many time in the early 80's. But the brass does blow out on the side, just split.

I recently saw someone shoot unknowingly 44mag in a 454. I knew when they shot something was not right because I saw the round hit way short of the target and the sound wasn't as loud as it should have been. I tried to tell the person he had a problem. Would not listen, he later sent me picks of the brass. They looked just like these.

Here is the pic of 44 in a 454
11482.jpeg

LOL. That is exactly what it looked like when I shot a 45 colt cowboy load in 44 mag brass out of my 45 Vaquero. Maybe I am crazy, but I did it on purpose, cause I didn't have a bullet puller at the time. Didn't figure a cowboy load would hurt a vaquero. It didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom