• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP...AAC FN 5.7 Suppressor thread adapter

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
OK. I need some help from you suppressor experts. Here's the story:

Several years ago...well maybe like over a decade ago..I bought one of the first FN 5.7 pistols and got a dedicated (made specifically for the FN 5.7) suppressor from AAC. Its a great suppressor and I bought a Jarvis M10 x 1 threaded barrel for the 5.7.
Works great. Now to my problem.

Over the years I have acquired a few .22lr suppressor host guns and wanted to use the suppressor on these guns...which of course are all threaded 1/2 x 28...

So I started with AAC, then SilencerShop, then cncwarrior.com. No joy. I did find the below thread adapter "out-of-stock" on the SilencerShop wesite.

https://www.silencershop.com/accessories/rimfire-accessories/fn-adapter-with-thread-protector.html

It's made exactly opposite from what I need...it will fit a M10 x 1 FN or Jarvis threaded barrel to a 1/2 x 28 muzzle device.
I need the opposite...to fit a M10x1 suppressor to a 1/2x28 threaded barrel.

I think the reason I'm having trouble is that very, very few (maybe less than 100) of the dedicated FN suppressors were made by AAC before they were discontinued because 1/2x28 threaded barrels were starting to be made for the FN.

I think I'm gonna need a good machinist.

Any ideas?

One thought I had was that if the adapter on the link above could made then why not the reverse?

Thanks in advance.

Check with Tornado. They do a thing where they thread the factory barrel and provide an adapter for it too.

Why don't you drill and tap the can to 1/2x28?

I still use it on the FN 5.7 with the Jarvis M10x1 threaded barrel. The adapter would let me use it for both the 5.7 and .22lr hosts. I have a pretty big investment in the can and the barrel...the adapter would let me use the can on multiple hosts. At least that's my thinking...your thoughts?

I guess I could do what you suggest but then I would be concerned about the drilll and tap being perfectly concentric....and I would have altered a pretty rare caliber specific can. Then I would have an expensive Jarvis M10x1 threaded barrel that's useless to me.

So anyway, a $40 or $50 adapter seemed like the best solution...but please school me if I'm wrong though...I am a suppressor novice.

An adapter with an M10 male to 1/2-28 female will probably be your best bet. You probably ought to provide the can to whoever makes the adapter. If memory serves, there is a short protrusion from the rear of the 5.7 can that may need to be factored into an adapter design. Also, that can indexes on the muzzle face rather than on a shoulder behind the threads. That will need to be taken into consideration as well so that the adapter indexes the same way. With an adapter, you are adding an additional threaded joint between your gun and silencer, so you need to be vigilant and make sure all parts stay screwed together tightly. Another thing to consider is that this is a sealed can. 5.7 ammo is jacketed, and leaves behind very little lead inside the silencer. Most 22lr ammo is not jacketed. The use of un-jacketed, exposed-lead ammunition in a sealed silencer will eventually result in a buildup of lead that is very difficult/impossible to remove. Stick with jacketed 22lr ammo if possible. You might also want to think about buying a dedicated 22lr can.

Mike Smith/AAC

I still use it on the FN 5.7 with the Jarvis M10x1 threaded barrel. The adapter would let me use it for both the 5.7 and .22lr hosts. I have a pretty big investment in the can and the barrel...the adapter would let me use the can on multiple hosts. At least that's my thinking...your thoughts?

I guess I could do what you suggest but then I would be concerned about the drilll and tap being perfectly concentric....and I would have altered a pretty rare caliber specific can. Then I would have an expensive Jarvis M10x1 threaded barrel that's useless to me.

So anyway, a $40 or $50 adapter seemed like the best solution...but please school me if I'm wrong though...I am a suppressor novice.
The drill and tap is pretty straight forward from any competent machinist. Hell, even I could probably do it. I was just throwing it out there as a suggestion since you were having a hard time finding the adapter. You could eliminate using all the adapters on 22s and use an M10 to 1/2x28 adapter on your 5.7. Just a more common thread. I tend to think this way because I don't cut male metric threads but I can tap the hell out of them. I have to change out gears in my lathe to do metric so I just don't. Probably easier to find an adapter to 1/2x28 too.

Back
Top Bottom