• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help\Advice Stuck casing

Update.....got it out!

Thank you everyone who threw in some advice, I went to Home Depot and bought a 3/16" steel rod, $3...dripped some oil down the barrel and let it soak a few hours, couple of good taps and it came out.

Thanks D_Max.

Now to clean it up real good and only shoot brass....ha
Good job your welcome

Glad yours came out. I had the case from hell in a rem 700 that somehow gouged into the receiver on its way out...

Attachments

• 10F6ECAB-3F2E-4AC6-8E82-10796D6CF90E.jpeg
    10F6ECAB-3F2E-4AC6-8E82-10796D6CF90E.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 44
Glad yours came out. I had the case from hell in a rem 700 that somehow gouged into the receiver on its way out...

Holy crap!! yea man mine was just a pain and didn't want to budge, but that was my fault for forgetting about it so long.
But that thing you got there looks like it went through a grinder!

Yea I was using a BB gun cleaning rod with a brass end on it, but it was bending the end I was tapping on. That's why I was wondering if Brake cleaner would hurt the finish inside the barrel.

When I was shooting sporting clays, we soaked our chokes in carb cleaner. It will dissolve about everything connected with combustion. Never saw anything that wouldn't wipe off after a night of soak. Just the cheapest carb cleaner you can get.

When I was shooting sporting clays, we soaked our chokes in carb cleaner. It will dissolve about everything connected with combustion. Never saw anything that wouldn't wipe off after a night of soak. Just the cheapest carb cleaner you can get.

Yea my worry was the chrome lining of the barrel, Wasn't sure if it would hurt that.
But yea...carb and brake cleaner....great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom