• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP! Can't get Ruger MK II Reassembled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in East Cobb off 92, if you want to make the trek over here I can help out as well. I have a 22/45 LITE and had similar problems the first few times putting it back together, but the comments about holding it straight up and pulling the trigger are dead on correct.

And it is fun as hell to shoot.

99% of the time the hammer is in the way and the main spring gets behind the cross pin. You may need to hold the trigger and push the hammer up a bit to be able to get the mainspring housing all the way in.
Then tip that floppy pin thingy (technical terms) out from behind the cross pin.
Close housing and "feel" the spring and you should be good. :)

Here's one of the best videos I've seen. He describes how all the parts work together and gives a very good reassembly tutorial. Cue to 14:36 for mainspring housing reassembly:

Make sure the hammer is forward before inserting housing in gun!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Great video I might have a go at it.

99% of the time the hammer is in the way and the main spring gets behind the cross pin. You may need to hold the trigger and push the hammer up a bit to be able to get the mainspring housing all the way in.
Then tip that floppy pin thingy (technical terms) out from behind the cross pin.

Really couldn't describe it any better than to that. These guns aren't difficult at all once you do it and understand how it was done.

Literally the first bag-O-gun I had to reassemble was one of these. Makes me laugh every time I see a thread about trying to reassemble one now.

If you need any help, let me know. Seems quite a few could get you squared away here though.

exactamundo!

I'll pay you $50 for the box of parts. (That's what I usually tell people that ask me get theirs back together)

just kidding.....keep at it. DO NOT bang on anything. It'll fit. As others have said, you have to hold your mouth just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom