• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Choosing Next Purchase

4man150

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
Yes, another thread asking for opinions !

I’m ready to put another form 4 in the works.
Right now I am waiting on my first stamp to arrive at dealer, with two more close behind. These three stamps are two 22’s and a 30 cal. Rugged Surge 7.62.

I am debating what my next purchase will be. Right now I am considering the Rugged Micro30, Rugged Obsidian 45, or a lightweight Direct Thread such as the Sico Harvester.

I am already vested in the Rugged QD mounts for the Surge, and really like the idea or having the possibility to go between a can the size of the Rugged Razor or a K can using the same mounts.

I don’t know why, but I feel it would be nice to have a direct thread can on the lighter side with respectable suppression in 30 cal flavor to help keep things light in the woods.

And for the Obsidian, I don’t have a pistol suppressor yet, so really this is all I’m lacking so far to be able to suppress most everything I shoot, but I just can’t get excited about a pistol suppressor.

I know everybody has an opinion and does things differently, but what direction would you take?

I have a Dobbs 22 can a Rugged Obsidian 45 and a Rugged Surge 762 in jail.
I love the Obsidian it is very quiet on 9 and 45 and it's fully serviceable.
I run it on a Glock 19 a Glock 21 and a couple of pistol caliber carbines a Sub2K and JR Carbine.
The pistol caliber carbines are fun and cheap to shoot.

I have a Dobbs 22 can a Rugged Obsidian 45 and a Rugged Surge 762 in jail.
I love the Obsidian it is very quiet on 9 and 45 and it's fully serviceable.
I run it on a Glock 19 a Glock 21 and a couple of pistol caliber carbines a Sub2K and JR Carbine.
The pistol caliber carbines are fun and cheap to shoot.

Awesome ! Preciate the input. I’d like to try an Obsidian . Really only shot a suppressed pistol once.

You’ve got a good point ! I’ve already got an sbr’d Lower that shares a 556 and 300Bo upper. SBS sounds fun.
I’m gonna be doing a form 1 SBS soon myself too. Probably a double barrel side by side. Got a couple SBRs pending and a DD on a launcher :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom