• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help determine maker

Dirt

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
39   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an ar15 I traded for a while back and I want to trade it for something else, preferably a Glock 9mm or Glock .45 package or towards an ak47, problem is, I don’t know much info on the gun... I’m planning on listing it in the next couple days.
81FFF615-8882-45E1-AB97-7DD0FD873E04.png
C902B6B4-D0C7-43C8-A0AA-CEBECEB65141.png
it’s an Anderson lower, but I can’t find any rollmarks or branding on the upper. The barrel says “.223 Wylde 1:8 ss USA.” I realize this is just the barrel roll mark and not indicative of the upper manufacturer, however when I did some research using that barrel roll mark I found aero precision uppers that looked exactly like this one.
To sum it up, is there a way I can determine the upper manufacturer to estimate value, and list an accurate ad and be able to honestly answer any potential buyers/traders?
Or should I just list it with pics and say manufacturer unknown?
Thanks for any help

I’m including a couple pics, of anymore are needed let me know. thanks.

"Garage-built franken AR for sale w/Anderson lower and stainless barrel"

And I have no idea what ARs are selling for these days.

But you're in luck because there's a panic afoot. You'll be getting a lot more for it now than you would have 3 months ago.

Good luck. If it's not a factory gun it's just a bunch of assembled parts. With the Anderson lower there's not much of a lower "quality" lower out there. It's completely entry level.

Hopefully someone smarter than me will come along and be able to offer better advice on how to list it and its market value.

Haha thanks guys.
ill do some more looking tomorrow if I get a chance. I just want to be able to provide accurate info to any potential buyer/trader.
Thanks

Check all around the upper and see if it has a marking on it. If so, take a pic and post it here.

Some upper manufacturers mark their uppers on the front, below the rail. You won’t be able to see it unless you pull the rail.

Back
Top Bottom