Help finding best blade sharpening system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
If you had your choice of blade sharpening systems, what would everyone say is the easiest to use with the best end results? It will mainly be to sharpen pocket and kitchen knives, but would like to be able to sharpen scissors, ax, etc.

Easiest and best results don’t go together… spyderco truangle does ok in both of those criteria but doesn’t nail either… nor does any other.

I saw a Ken Onion power sharpening system with a 5 belt system and adjustable blade angles that looks easy to use and of course they claim professional results. I have only tried a diamond sharpening stone and have no experience at all so I thought I would ask the pros on ODT!

I have the Ken Onion Workshop for I think 3 years now. For me, the best by far across the board. Fast, easy to use, belts available, adjustable degrees for different edges. I haven’t used it for scissors, but kitchen knives, pocket knives, machetes, axes, lawnmower blades. Great and most used tool I have. Can make your blades hair shaving sharp.

Thank you. Do you know which model or price you paid? They have one at 79.99 and then one at $129. Of course if the one at $79 is the ine you guys own and it works great, I eould prefer that one and save $50. However, if I need to spend the extra money to be happy with the results, then I will get that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom