• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help identifying a rifle

Lenox102

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
Hey guys. A coworker picked this up and trying to help him identify it. I don't know older rifles too well so that's where y'all come in! He was told it's .308 and that seems correct. Mauser of some sort? Here are some pics.

It's a sporter Mauser. What kind I couldn't tell you from the pictures you provided, but if I had to guess, it's Spanish. There are a lot of .308 Spaniards floating around, both factory made and conversions. Bolt has been modified and magazine plate is not-matching. The hinge looks factory but could have been a sporter modification. Interesting rifle nonetheless.

It's a sporter Mauser. What kind I couldn't tell you from the pictures you provided, but if I had to guess, it's Spanish. There are a lot of .308 Spaniards floating around, both factory made and conversions. Bolt has been modified and magazine plate is not-matching. The hinge looks factory but could have been a sporter modification. Interesting rifle nonetheless.

Yep.I had one in 30-06 back in the 70s.Good shooter,but heavy.I don`t remember what country the 06 was from,though.

look like a model 96 or 93 mauser.

not a 98 if it cocks on the downstoke of the handle

is hte barrel marked as to caliber?

look like a model 96 or 93 mauser.

not a 98 if it cocks on the downstoke of the handle

is hte barrel marked as to caliber?

Negative. He was told from the previous owner it was a .308. It loads and chambers the round. He just wanted to be 100% positive before firing it.

Back
Top Bottom