• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help locating 2 rotors this same size and dimensions

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
This rotor is stamped FORD on the inside edge of the rotor. There are no Ford part numbers on it.
There are 2 bolt patterns. 4.5 and 4.75 to fit Ford and Chevy.
The brake pad surface is 2 1/8 inches wide.
The rotor is 11.5 inches in diameter.
It's about 2.5 inches tall.
Center hole is 3 1/16 inches
All steel (I painted top black)

I thought I had located some at Carquest and Advanced Auto Parts but even though the rotor showed 4.5 bolt pattern in their computers, it actually measured 4.25 and would not fit.

Any help please?

truck rotor 11.5 inches.jpg
truck rotor bolt pattern.jpg

On a 5-bolt pattern wheel, the measurement is taken from the center of one hole, to the *FAR* side of the opposite hole.

AGGGHH!! my brain hurts and I hate trying to figure out what someone else installed on a car years ago. Now that I have measured the axle studs and rotor holes the right way here is what I have:

The axles are made by Strange Engineering and there are 2 different bolt patterns and hole sizes. 4.5 (7/16 x 20) and 4.75 (1/2 x 20) inches.
The rotors are stamped FORD and also have 2 different bolt patterns. 4.75 and 5 inches.

These old rotors match up with the 4.75 inch bolt pattern. 4.75 is generally thought of as a GM pattern but this rotor is stamped FORD.

Thank you Kahrnut!

FORD makes alot of rotors.... just because they are stamped Ford, dont assume it is a Ford application rotor.

Are these rotors not thick enoughto turn?

The one has what looks like stress fractures and a ding it.
The “fractures” you are seeing are most likely in the glaze....depending on how much meat you have a couple of shallow & slow machineing passes and follow up with a non directional finish may work wonders....just my 02 without seeing them.

(Most of the time they will have a min thick or turn to diminsion stamped on the inside of the hat )

All else fails , try to contact Atl brake and clutch- ABC .... they MIGHT be able to ID them. Good luck !

The “fractures” you are seeing are most likely in the glaze....depending on how much meat you have a couple of shallow & slow machineing passes and follow up with a non directional finish may work wonders....just my 02 without seeing them.

(Most of the time they will have a min thick or turn to diminsion stamped on the inside of the hat )

All else fails , try to contact Atl brake and clutch- ABC .... they MIGHT be able to ID them. Good luck !

Unfortunately these rotors are at min thickness already. I was able to find a rotor for an 84 - 87 Corvette and it is very close so we shall see tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom