.308 or 6.5?

• 6.5 creedmore

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • .308 win

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
Thanks for all the input! I have decided to go with my initial plan and get the .308. I will post some pics when I have it in hand. This will be my first gun purchase since completing my vault and I look forward to adding this one (and hopefully more in the future) to my small collection.

Maybe the military knows that 30 caliber recoil is unhealthy, even for young soldiers

8C69ACD1-6713-48A8-95E6-0D91B94071DF.png

I would buy the heaviest wood stock in .308 I could find to limit the shoulder blow. If you do go with the American look into glass or lead bedding the stock for a little more weight & a lot more accuracy.

Plinker66 Plinker66 Im looking to down size calibers due to my shoulder. Tried a .270 & recoil was about identical. Do you use .243 to hunt deer? Success? Hard time tracking them after the shot? My issue is ethically I don’t want them to get their heart rate up after the shot. I do like the .30 caliber for a drop shot but got to get down to something manageable.

Poppa Mike Poppa Mike Which store is having the sale? pM me.

I don’t hunt deer. I just shoot clays and targets. When I go shoot i do shoot several rounds. I’ve got old torn up shoulders such that I don’t enjoy shootin my 308 calibers any more. I’d sell my 308s but the market is too darn soft.

I would buy the heaviest wood stock in .308 I could find to limit the shoulder blow. If you do go with the American look into glass or lead bedding the stock for a little more weight & a lot more accuracy.

Plinker66 Plinker66 Im looking to down size calibers due to my shoulder. Tried a .270 & recoil was about identical. Do you use .243 to hunt deer? Success? Hard time tracking them after the shot? My issue is ethically I don’t want them to get their heart rate up after the shot. I do like the .30 caliber for a drop shot but got to get down to something manageable.

Poppa Mike Poppa Mike Which store is having the sale? pM me.
I'm planning on adding some weight to the butt stock to help with balance and recoil. I used a .243 (remmy 7400) for many years to hunt deer. Never lost one that I shot with it. Most were DRT. A few might have made it 20-30 yards from where they were shot.

Back
Top Bottom