• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Me Determine A Realistic Value On My AR-15

Lawd....I'm thinking I'll just keep the darn thing, LOL.[/QOTE]
Keep it. Everyone needs at least one. However, if it were a Colt LE or better, Id definitely say sell it to me for what you have in it........Serously. Its paid for. Keep it. The time will come when you will have time to play with it. Id stock up on ammo and mags in the meantime.

There are so many out there now I wonder if the value will ever really come back. Surely it will rise again but how much I really have no idea.
Think how many PSA builds are sitting in closets waiting on the next scare right now.

But this is certainly rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up from here

in the heading , you said realistic price !!!!! a used $ 592 dollar rifle is realistically worth around $350.00

Yes, I did. I thank everyone for their input and advise...not too sure where I lost you?

But, for what it's worth, your usage of five exclamation points was a nice touch.

There are so many out there now I wonder if the value will ever really come back. Surely it will rise again but how much I really have no idea.
Think how many PSA builds are sitting in closets waiting on the next scare right now.

But this is certainly rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up from here
I don't know if AR prices will ever go back up. Look at how much bad media coverage they're getting now. I expected to see some panic price increases by now but not much has changed. The week before Parkland PSA had stripped lowers for $39.99. and right after the shooting they bumped to $49.99. I figured they would bump up in $10.00 increments like that every week since but they haven't. Maybe their volume of business has increased enough to not worry about price increases.

Also ARs are everywhere new and used. I also think that the majority of the gun buying/owning public has grown weary of panic buying. That an most of them already own at least one AR. But think of this as a positive thing. I see ARs becoming the new SKS. You know something you can get cheap and have fun with. And if you tacky tactical it up who care? Plus just like the SKS used to be the AR becomes trading stock. It will be something you throw in a deal to get something you really want. So now is the time to buy/build 3 or 4 more.

I would put the value higher than some people have posted if both the upper and lower are factory built, but honestly would be surprised if you asked 500 and got 450.
Personally, I would hang on to it - like someone else said it is paid for, just put it in the safe for a rainy day or to use in a trade.

I would put the value higher than some people have posted if both the upper and lower are factory built, but honestly would be surprised if you asked 500 and got 450.
Personally, I would hang on to it - like someone else said it is paid for, just put it in the safe for a rainy day or to use in a trade.

^what he said^

The market sucks but it’s still not that low. Every seller here thinks their rifle is worth a $1000 and every buyer thinks they’re worth $350 tops. Truth is, no one’s AR is worth what they paid for it right now whether it’s a Daniel Defense or a PSA...but the PSA folks may be a bit less upside down on theirs.

I’d hold it for a rainy day...or wait for someone else’s rainy day to sell it.

The values are at rock bottom right now.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom