• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me figure out what's wrong...

Leatherhead

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
709   0
Reaction score
I put an 8 round extended tube mag on my Remy 870. Today when I tried to load it up, I got to round number 5, and it just stopped! It wouldn't take anymore. Not even the 5th round. So I start to take them out to see what's wrong, and the orange floating feeder plug is stuck at the end of the orig part of the mag. Wouldn't feed into the extended part. So I got it unstuck and the shells out, but now I wanna know what to do to get the tube mag working! Help!

Did you follow the instructions? If I'm not mistaken there is a stamped indentation that has to be drilled out of the original mag tube for the extension to work. The follower is probably jammed against this indentation.
Good luck BHJ

You will see that there are two small detents at the end of the factory magazine tube that need to be filed down flush in order for the shells to enter the extension. If you have a dremel tool it makes the job easy, but a file will work just fine. Make sure you clean the tube when your done.

Did you follow the instructions? If I'm not mistaken there is a stamped indentation that has to be drilled out of the original mag tube for the extension to work. The follower is probably jammed against this indentation.
Good luck BHJ

The instructions mentioned nothing of these indentions. Only screwing the extended tube mag on and done. Ill look into the dimples in the morning...thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom