• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me identify strange and perculiar

I think I figured it out, this was clearly made to connect to a Hydra artillery ray gun, the scale is in millions of miles and is there to adjust for gravitational affects on the Rays. Since periscope does not have magnification I must assume that the ray is expected to curve around the earth at least one full rotation before hitting a target thats right in front of you.

I have the thing 98% dissembled and Im leaning heavily towards prototype as almost no parts seem to have been finished with the exception of the Sear/Lever assembly which is both blued and marked with "CN" on one side and "M" on the other so I think the below part is going to be my best bet to at least identify origin if not purpose.
Sear.jpg

Not all war production was that well finished cosmetically, especially as, in and off, itself, it wasn't a weapon. Possibly the sear was used in more than one device.

Not all war production was that well finished cosmetically, especially as, in and off, itself, it wasn't a weapon. Possibly the sear was used in more than one device.
Yes i figure thats why its marked and finished so it might at least help identify where this came from if not what it was for.

Back
Top Bottom