• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me, I'm hot.

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I need a recommendation for a small, room-sized, free-standing AC unit. Don't need much, but my man-cave is on the "hot" side of the house and the central air unit can't push enough in here to keep it cool. Can't use a window unit. Something from Home Depot would be ideal because there is a HD about a mile from me.

All info and suggestions appreciated.

I've owned 3 over the years, different brands and price points. They all seemed to work very well. The cheapest one cooled just as well as the expensive one in our office on the sun exposed side of the house

I need a recommendation for a small, room-sized, free-standing AC unit. Don't need much, but my man-cave is on the "hot" side of the house and the central air unit can't push enough in here to keep it cool. Can't use a window unit. Something from Home Depot would be ideal because there is a HD about a mile from me.

All info and suggestions appreciated.

Have you tried a fan? Sometimes just moving the air helps.

OK, the internet is a wonderful thing. The spiffy free standing units are a very poor second to just an old fashioned small window unit. I didn't want to mess with a window unit because of bushes outside, but I will manage. So off to HD tomorrow AM for a small 5000 btu unit, my room is only about 150 sq feet. Got the grandson here to help with the outside work and an outlet handy on the inside.

I have an LG like this one in my home office:

Back
Top Bottom