• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me out here

Justin87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
So I've got a Liberty Mystic X in jail right now. I'm looking at getting an AR pistol to put it on as a home defense gun/range toy. I'm admittedly pretty ignorant when it comes to silencers on AR-15's, so I was going to get some advice and suggestions from some you that are more knowledgeable about them.

I'd like to be in the neighborhood of $1,000 all in on the gun (not including the silencer of course), so I realize I'm going to be sort of limited on options. Is there a good option in that price range that I would be able to make run reliably with a can? Which one would you guys choose? Thanks.

Just my experience, reliability will come down to gas management which may involve some tinkering and testing different buffers, gas blocks and bolt carrier groups. Not sure what's on the market these days for AR pistol, parts and pricing but you could easily spend an extra $300-400 on a suppressor BCG, heavier buffer and adjustable gas block.

Just my opinion:
I also find that suppressed ARs aren't that fun as range toys and make even worst home defense guns. They aren't hearing safe and they will pepper your face with gas.

10.5" or 11" free-floated barrel upper ($499 Palmetto). Superlative arms or other adjustable gas block ($50-$100). H buffer probably ($25) and suppressed type charging handle ($15-100). Any lower will do. Keep the barrel no less than 10.5" so as not to mess up the can and potentially void the warranty. Or go 9mm with a short barrel.

Back
Top Bottom