• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me out here

Well I took some of y'all's advice and I'm going the 9mm route. Just ordered a Banshee. Now I have to impatiently wait for it to come in. :playball:

Any specific recommendations on brand/model of charging handles?
I don't think the Radian SD does squat over the normal Radian Raptor charging handle. The bootleg BCG works better than any charging handle. An adjustable gas block works better than any adjustable BCG or charging handle. I like the seekins select adjustable gas block, the Aero adjustable gas block is pretty good, and the Superalative arms is also very popular but I'm not a big fan of the bleed off vs sealed gas blocks.

Also, I think a suppressed AR is a absolute joy as far as a range toy. Yes you still need ear pro, but you really do with anything breaking the sound barrier. A good suppressed AR sounds like a Ruger 10/22 unsuppressed.

So either I'm going to have to go over the budget I had in mind or move away from 5.56? That about right?
You can assemble a really sweet shooting suppressed Aero AR for under a grand with a decent Holosun optic. Let me know if you need some parts or want to come test a few out. I'm in Blairsville, GA. I still have a bunch of Aero uppers, lowers, handguards, BA Hanson barrels, etc.

Well I took some of y'all's advice and I'm going the 9mm route. Just ordered a Banshee. Now I have to impatiently wait for it to come in. :playball:
Banshee's are EXCELLENT suppressor hosts. I think it's my favorite 9mm PCC except for maybe something roller delayed.

Banshee is a revolutionary design with their rotary blowback, or whatever they call it. I have friends with 10mm and one friend bought a pair for he and his wife in 45acp. I've never seen them lower than 1400. Good luck, I think you made a solid choice. Resell value is important and that will hold your investment better than a build.

Banshee's are EXCELLENT suppressor hosts. I think it's my favorite 9mm PCC except for maybe something roller delayed.

Banshee is a revolutionary design with their rotary blowback, or whatever they call it. I have friends with 10mm and one friend bought a pair for he and his wife in 45acp. I've never seen them lower than 1400. Good luck, I think you made a solid choice. Resell value is important and that will hold your investment better than a build.
I'm headed to the gun store here in a few to pick it up. I don't have the can yet, but that's not going to stop me from putting some rounds through it. I'm pretty excited about it.

This is where I got it. Relatively fast turn around too. I ordered it this past Friday and it arrived at the gun store yesterday.

The banshee is great suppressed! I use it for my HD weapon as well.

I went the build route to save a ton, and used CMMG's BCG/barrel. My only issue is since it's a 5" barrel, I second guess which gun would be best to grab in a time of need. My suppressed Glock is smaller, lighter, and I can move around faster with it, and the ballistics are exactly the same.

IMG_7365.jpg

The banshee is great suppressed! I use it for my HD weapon as well.

I went the build route to save a ton, and used CMMG's BCG/barrel. My only issue is since it's a 5" barrel, I second guess which gun would be best to grab in a time of need. My suppressed Glock is smaller, lighter, and I can move around faster with it, and the ballistics are exactly the same.

View attachment 4451364
That's almost exactly how I planned setting up mine. Mine would definitely be the primary for my wife though. I work night shift, so she's at home by herself with the kids a lot and I wanted something that would be easier for her to handle and aim. That's the main reason I went this route.

Also, a big shout out to DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN for not immediately disclosing the purpose of their call when my wife answered the phone. They called me to let me know that my gun had arrived but I was driving so I told my wife to answer my phone. She was already well aware that I had bought it, but they didn't know that. When she answered and said "this is his wife", he said "well I'm not sure I can discuss with you then". We got a pretty good laugh out of that.

Back
Top Bottom