• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me with my next can.

twinglock40z

Default rank <400 posts
Don’t tell my wife I’m on here.
56   0
Reaction score
So... I’m going to be purchasing my next can very soon. I’m definitely wanting a 30 cal can. It’ll be mainly used on 30 cal firearms. However I might throw it on a couple 5.56 sometimes as well. I already have my mind set on getting a yhm turbo for my go to 5.56 can on my go to AR. A buddy has one and it’s a heck of a can...especially for the price.

So... the two I’ve put at the top of my list to consider are the Dead Air Sandman S and the AAC 7.62 SDN-6.

I’ve YouTubed and searched the crap out of both and can’t seem to make up my mind. The sandman is a couple hundred dollars more but it does have the keymo which, while very limited, my actual experience has been nothing but awesome. From my searches the aac and dead air brakes seem to “around” the same price. And... SilencerShop is offering a $100 gift card when you buy the sandman s. So that could come handy to go towards more brakes. Im also not hellbent on using silencershop but from my research both of these cans are right at the same price everywhere I’ve seen.

Any reviews, experience, suggestions, and/or cheaper places to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Know of something better? Heck I’m even open to hearing suggestions or comments on the yhm turbo if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

I own a Sandman K and I love it. I didn't need pure sound suppression on my 556, just reduction to ease pain on my ears. The K model only makes the rifle little over three inches longer and it is easy to wield. I move it back and forth between my 308 bergara and my ar's. Love the keymo and purchased one of the pyro muzzle devices to run when the can isn't needed. I firmly believe in the quality of the can and will buy more.

Both are great. Deadair has the best mounts. The keymo is gonna lock up tighter than the sdn6 ratchet mount and a little more versatile. I had a 10 year old sdn6 recently serviced and delivered back to me basically brand new.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Both are great. Deadair has the best mounts. The keymo is gonna lock up tighter than the sdn6 ratchet mount and a little more versatile. I had a 10 year old sdn6 recently serviced and delivered back to me basically brand new.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks for the input. That’s actually one of the reasons AAC and dead air were at the top of my list. I’ve heard nothing but great things for customer service, repairs...etc. Doesn’t hurt both companies are fairly local.

I own a Sandman K and I love it. I didn't need pure sound suppression on my 556, just reduction to ease pain on my ears. The K model only makes the rifle little over three inches longer and it is easy to wield. I move it back and forth between my 308 bergara and my ar's. Love the keymo and purchased one of the pyro muzzle devices to run when the can isn't needed. I firmly believe in the quality of the can and will buy more.

I actually considered the K. But I was actually thinking the opposite. I wanted just a little more suppression than the k. Now on the yhm turbo... that’s another hard choice between the regular and k. Well... if you can find anyone that actually has the k version in stock.

I can't speak firsthand on the DeadAir Sandman but it was in the running when I was looking for a 30 cal can for my HBK (Honey Badger Killer). They make really good cans and it seems that their customer service is good. I was also looking at the Recce 7 which I think is a solid can as well. However Ive been fortunate to catch some really good sales and caught the AAC SDN-6 on sale for $461 shipped. Its a really good can with a less than perfect mounting system. Even still have I both the SDN-6 and an M4-2000 and havent had any issues with either. Been using AAC cans for a long time and when I've had to connect them for minor issues they have been great to deal with.

If you're one of the people that likes to have newer tech and having the best of something I would probably go DeadAir but if you just care about great performance on a budget and can find the SDN-6 for cheap I wouldn't hesitate to get it. It was one of the top cans back in the day.

Lazarus Lazarus ...if I could find the AAC for around that price I’d probably buy both. I actually just got done ordering the sandman s. Hopefully this one takes less time than the last. I’m going to keep a look out for the AAC at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom