• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Needed: CZ Scorpion 922r/SBR Install

Studiogene

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
126   0
Reaction score
Got my tax stamp and 922r kit from CZ to convert my Scorpion Evo into an SBR. My usual gunsmith is a little hesitant on doing the conversion, not sure if his '07 license will allow him to convert an NFA item. I checked with ATF and they seemed to have no problem with it, but he seems unclear about it.

While I'm sure it's something I could do myself I'd always prefer to have a licensed pro make a gun modification. Would like to stay in or near Woodstock.

Thanks,

Gene

Maybe just a technicality,.. but your form 1 lists you as the builder. If you were having the gun build by someone... you should have done a form 4.

Never heard (personally) of anyone doing what you're trying to do... so at the very least I would consult someone like Dobbs to make sure it's on the up and up to pay someone to build your form 1 SBR.

And dropping all the bits from the 922r kit into the gun is quite easy.. unless you've got one of the scorpions with the welded trigger pack that needs to be drilled out.

IMG_0353.JPG

Do you have a carbine or pistol? Pistol is easy, just don't use the US made trigger parts. Lots of people having cracked parts.

Reminds me of a saying back in the day when I was a full on car nut:

"Buy the tools and dodge the fools, its only nuts and bolts"

Back
Top Bottom