• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help needed from the wood workers on here

Do you have any shipwright's bits?

I've been able to drill straight holes using a guide and jig with these bits for straight, deep holes.

Do you have any shipwright's bits?

I've been able to drill straight holes using a guide and jig with these bits for straight, deep holes.
This is the bit I used to drill one hole so far. I'm just going to get a larger one as suggested. My jig should hopefully keep the hole straight and square with the shelf.

IMG_1898.jpg

The same exact thing happened to me, but my bracket had 4 posts coming off it. Take your existing drill bit and shave off the interior wall a little on the holes you already drilled.

You still want it to remain tight to the bracket. Put a cloth on your shelf and hit it with a rubber mallet to get it fully on. Shouldn’t even have to glue it if it’s a tight fit.

it’s a little slow and tedious, but once it’s on it’ll stay there.

Just installed a set that fortunately included the drill bit, the product description referenced the diameter in SAE but sure enough it was metric when I got it and I would have had too small of a bit had I ordered based on the description. You may be dealing with the same issue where it is sized a bit larger than 3/4”, maybe 19.5mm. You could double check the diameter with calipers if you have them. That style drill bit was what I used and it worked well free hand, you just have to go slow and make sure the board is steady.

Back
Top Bottom