• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help needed from the wood workers on here

All right, you know I needed them lol.
Also built a Dutch door/safety door for the pups so they don't fall down the stairs

IMG_1826.JPG

I do these all the time. Just did 3 solid walnut shelves, 13 feet long and 15" deep over Federal Braces (those rods you mentioned). I overdrilled the hole size by 1/4", put a 3/4" cleat on the back wall, then routed the back of the shelf so it will fit over the cleat. I scribed the shelves to the wall then put them up, fitting them over the cleats. They fit snug and tight.

Oh Lawd...I just googles that. I'm having to freehand this with a homemade jig. I don't think I have a means to use one of those. thatbwould take a huge drill press to go 8" in a 12" board.

You don't need any really special equipment.

Forstner bit and an extension.

You can use a carpenter's square to jig up a guide. if it's heart pine, you've got your work cut out for you.

i would use two size bits, a small one for a pilot hole because it will be easier to keep straight and then the large one.

You don't need any really special equipment.

Forstner bit and an extension.

You can use a carpenter's square to jig up a guide. if it's heart pine, you've got your work cut out for you.

i would use two size bits, a small one for a pilot hole because it will be easier to keep straight and then the large one.

Thank you. Yes sir...project is complete but I used the bits you stated. It was a challenge as the wood was saw mill cut heart pine and I had to drill 9" into a 12" board. The 3/4" inch bit I originally bought wasn't large enough so I second drilled with a 7/8". I made a jig to keep my holes straight.

Back
Top Bottom