• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help pricing a Remington Model 11 12 ga riot gun

mpd3285

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
167   0
Reaction score
I am looking for help pricing a friends Remington 11 Riot 12 Ga. Has US cannonballs on barrel and receiver, but no stamps on the stock. He is wanting to go Gunbroker with it, but I am not sure on value to decide if the margins are better there on the national scale or here for ease of transaction and no fees. I guess it depends on how valuable these are and the market for buyers. Any feedback or suggestions how to price it would be great.

I already offered him "tree fiddy" so that is not happening :)
20211210_092703.jpg
20211210_092722.jpg
20211210_092742.jpg

The markings are generally referenced as "Flaming Bombs" indicating the gun was manufactured for a military contract.
Blue Book indicates they are special, but does not provide pricing guidance.
Search Gunbroker completed auctions for Remington Model 11 and "Flaming Bomb"
You can also search Truegunvalue.com for a comparable auction sale.

11 or 11-R? Those stocks did not come on a contract riot gun. The engraving on the receiver is worrisome too.
IMO, either the flaming bomb stamp OR the engraving were added afterwards. If it is also stamped US- anything, then my bet is that it was engraved sometime afterwards. BTW, you can buy flaming bomb hand stamps of different sizes from Numrich....

Its a CYL bore. Barrel codes include 0L, a small shield, and REP. From Remington school I'd guess one of these stamps is likely to be by the builder. SN is 467XXX

As I keep thinking about it, the engraving on the receiver and the cut checkering on the stocks could have been done later. In any case, those two things will certainly detract from "collector value."

I have also heard that some Rem 11s were converted to "riot" configuration by Remington but used the original pheasant and duck receivers and stocks as a matter of efficiency for war time production from commercial guns already on the line, before they built more "basic" war models. The SN on this one shows it to be a 1940-1941 production. Can anyone else confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom