• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with ‘04 5.4l 3v Ford Triton misfire

Aside from all the brand jokes. Wonedering if any of the gearheads around here might be able to help.
Got a intermittent misfire cylinder 6. Complete timing set and roller followers 4mo ago. So far I’ve replaced plug, coil, fuel injector. Compression in cylinder 4,5,6 all 180psig with no leak down in more than 10 minutes. Didn’t test the others. No coolant level drop. No evidence of damage to wiring harness. Coil reads 5.3 ohms on both contacts.
The misfire only occurs with acceleration from lower rpm while in OD or when absolute full throttle which I only found out when test driving.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks
5.4 triton that is generally the first sign it is about to lock up...you'll get timing issues and replace the timing set, etc but you are still looking at a new engine soon...they are well known for that...

So I'm on Rockauto and fid the parts I need are literally half price for the Motorcraft parts. I've used them for other things but wonder if ya'll have ever used them. Don't want counterfeit parts.

So I'm on Rockauto and fid the parts I need are literally half price for the Motorcraft parts. I've used them for other things but wonder if ya'll have ever used them. Don't want counterfeit parts.
Rock is g2g. Learn the site and what parts you can get from the same location to minimize shipping. Also google rockauto 5% off before checkout and apply.

If you're looking at a crate motor prices, why not swap it out for the 7.3 gas engine? Should only need the engine and computer harness for the swap.

A crap load of more power & it's a pushrod design, So no over head cam issues to deal with. Will bolt up to your current transmission too. It'll be a totally different truck compared to what you have now.

Back
Top Bottom