• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with ‘04 5.4l 3v Ford Triton misfire

Well I have an update. Parts came in today but I had some shingles blow off in the storm. So I put in an order at big Orange for the roofing stuff. (Thanks Threejays!😐 you’d think I’d be more appreciative for the trade skills huh?)

I thought I could get all the new coils and plugs in and then drive to pick up my order…so that’s what I did.

Only 18 miles but not a single misfire. Tried to duplicate the load /gear/throttle status and not a hiccup. Still really only preliminary results but I’m hopeful. Normally it would’ve had some misfires in those conditions.

Thank you all and if it starts back I’ll let ya know.

Oh yeah, Threejays, I finished fixing the roof afterwards and it’s good till next storm. South side starting to look pretty rough, know any roofers???😉😆
1648068838670.gif

Ken Ford, you’ll get a kick out of this. In case I had more trouble I took a paint pen and numbered each coil so I’d know what coil was on each cylinder if I had to take it off again.

I then proceeded to put them opposite of the actual cylinder so 1-4 is on driver, 5-8 passenger. After all this I screw that up, duh!

Back
Top Bottom