• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP WITH A/C

Don't see how to pull the fan out - I'll check unit about 28 yeaqrs old

Found the pressure switch, it is green, felt all around it in case it had a button I couldn't see, Put it all back together and turn unit on, it came on high pressure went pretty high, but can back down. Must be an auto reset that takes 30 minutes or so to reset.

Added more freon and left it at 250/50 which I think is where it works ok most of the time.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all your help, must have a high pressure auto reset as after 30 minutes and putting it bacck together it came on, although pressure ran up a little high, but came bacak down to about 250/50 and it seems to be cooling ok. May have to add a little more in a day or two. I'm getting too old at 85 to be doing all this sort of stuff.

Found the pressure switch, it is green, felt all around it in case it had a button I couldn't see, Put it all back together and turn unit on, it came on high pressure went pretty high, but can back down. Must be an auto reset that takes 30 minutes or so to reset.

Added more freon and left it at 250/50 which I think is where it works ok most of the time.

Thanks for all the help.

I almost gave up looking and found mine covered in debris and dirt.
Glad you got it going.

Start saving for a new unit of that thing is nearly 30.
These new split zone units are super efficient!

I 'm sure you guys don't need this tip, but I found my problem this morning. Condenser coil was very very dirty, sprayed it with all the cleaner we had, let it set for about 15 minutes, then hosed it off good. Started charging with freon and high pressure side never went over 275, mostly around 260, got low side up to 67, checked furtherest vent output temp from furnace coil and it was 55 Deg. Got to keep that condenser coil clean.

Thanks again for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom