• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with sights zero

If you really "want to learn how to do it properly and be good where ever I go and with whatever I shoot", then I would humbly suggest an Appleseed event near you. Your AR-15 style pistol won't work, but almost any rifle will.

I would suggest a Ruger 10/22 with Tech sights or scope, or a Marlin 795 with tech sights or scope. Centerfire rifles are also welcome, just a little more expensive to shoot.

If you come to one in Martin, GA (a bit of a haul for you), I've even got a 10/22 I'll loan you for the shoot.

Appleseed events are great, whether you're just starting out, or a grizzled veteran who wants to overcome training scars and crutches (you aren't going to have a shooting bench with you in the field). You can't get half the training for double the cost anywhere else.

Feel free to PM with any questions!

Go to an 25 yard indoor range near you and sight it in 1” low at 25 yards. That’s a good nuff start.
It’s best to go on a weekday, there’s less crossfire during the week.

Georgia firing line has two rifle lanes.

Before you back the target up to 25 yards, sight it to 2” low at 20 feet. That gets it close.

Just load one bullet at a time.

Watch a few YouTube videos.
Thank you sir, I went to GA firing lane and they were extremely kind and helpful.

If you really "want to learn how to do it properly and be good where ever I go and with whatever I shoot", then I would humbly suggest an Appleseed event near you. Your AR-15 style pistol won't work, but almost any rifle will.

I would suggest a Ruger 10/22 with Tech sights or scope, or a Marlin 795 with tech sights or scope. Centerfire rifles are also welcome, just a little more expensive to shoot.

If you come to one in Martin, GA (a bit of a haul for you), I've even got a 10/22 I'll loan you for the shoot.

Appleseed events are great, whether you're just starting out, or a grizzled veteran who wants to overcome training scars and crutches (you aren't going to have a shooting bench with you in the field). You can't get half the training for double the cost anywhere else.

Feel free to PM with any questions!
Thank you sir, I will check out the Appleseed events. Shooting is good quality time with my father, he's a grizzled veteran himself LOL

Man you have open a can of worms here!
My suggestion is do not read all the messages! If you do you will be digging in u ass and smelling you finger!
The first person that offer a few on hand experience that’s what I would do!
Because assholes and armpits all stink and you’re going to get all kinds of stupid advice!
So the first person that’s willing to show you hands-on is my best advice!
First: insert finger into rectum.
Second: retract finger from rectal orifice.
Third: move finger to just under the nostrils.
Fourth: Inhale through nose with great force.
Fifth: Judge aroma for spoiled funk.
Sixth: Begin zero process.

Back
Top Bottom