• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP WWII Nazi dagger More pics. Not promoting nazism just historical item.

What's the value

• Great buy

• Screwed myself

Results are only viewable after voting.
The straps are marked, I know blades are sometimes marked Salingen but I know not all blades are this one has no mark on it but I can take the handle apart and it does not look like a reproduction read about them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 59
Without a maker's mark, you're going to have a hard time convincing a collector that it's the real thing. I will cheerfully admit that I'm no expert on German daggers!

I'm looking online at different marks and it matches up with original the way sheath is made the flower designs rings for strap the handle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 57
Hard to tell looking at the details it matches with the original fortepee looks original feels like it's aluminium or something straps look real old material burned a thread that was coming off it burned fast, sheath looks like it should, looks like it was plated because it bubbling and when I read about it they said at the end of war they were plating the parts on the handle. Anyone knows who could tell me it its the real deal in Georgia, Atlanta area

I'm not in any way promoting the nazi party this is just historical item that is all, I found it interesting and bought it at an auction house in Warsaw Poland, a country where I was born and my grandparents survived the war and holocaust.

Probably authentic, but hardly unique. The Nazis produced tens of thousands of those daggers and presented them to every one from war heros down to party members and hitler youth idiots. Hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

Is the blade marked?
Some of these were not marked on the blade but some were, yours looks to be Original but would have to put my eyes on it.
If no marks on blade I would have to see it to look for other features to Identify it to be real.
There is a Forum where they know about WWII German Items (will PM link).
Post pictures of it there and you will get a Definitive answer as to real or fake.
William

Back
Top Bottom