• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help!

Knife_guy_13

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
51   0
Reaction score
Fellas, I'm starting a new job on Monday, for the first time I'm REQUIRED to have safety steel toe shoes, I've used work boots my whole life and have never been required to have steel toe until now... That being said, I need some help... what would you recommend for something comfortable and durable, any help is much appreciated as I'm a little lost, thanks to all!!

Employer gives a 200$ voucher so price is not the most important thing...

I liked Timberland Pros a lot...

Outside of that, I've had some Redwings that were awesome and I've had Redwings that sucked. The next ones I get will be Redwings again though, only because I don't think we can get Timberlands again (due to contractual agreement)

I worked in a hangar, concrete floor and outside tarmac, so that's something to keep in mind. I wasn't outside in the dirt, etc. But I was constantly kicking locks on stands, etc...

I have been wearing safety boots most of my working life. Even had to wear them when I was in an office job as I had to go into the warehouse during the day. I have tried Red Wing, Wolverine, Georgia Boots and others. They all killed my heels during the break in period. I finally tried Magnum Boots and have been buying them since. Very comfortable and never a problem with break in.

If you have to have some boots, that your feet have to be protected. I would highly try them first before purchasing online..Just a thought, Zappos is a great site!

I have been wearing safety boots most of my working life. Even had to wear them when I was in an office job as I had to go into the warehouse during the day. I have tried Red Wing, Wolverine, Georgia Boots and others. They all killed my heels during the break in period. I finally tried Magnum Boots and have been buying them since. Very comfortable and never a problem with break in.

Never heard of Magnum, might have to check that out.... I'm concerned most for comfort and weight, since I've never worn them I'm afraid I'll feel them as heavy...

I liked Timberland Pros a lot...

Outside of that, I've had some Redwings that were awesome and I've had Redwings that sucked. The next ones I get will be Redwings again though, only because I don't think we can get Timberlands again (due to contractual agreement)

I worked in a hangar, concrete floor and outside tarmac, so that's something to keep in mind. I wasn't outside in the dirt, etc. But I was constantly kicking locks on stands, etc...

Same type of environment I will be working in, appreciate the info sir

Back
Top Bottom