• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Henry county freezes carry permit appointments - this is legal?

It took us 5 months to get ours renewed but the appointment letter served as a temporary permit until they were actually renewed in Henry County. However you cannot use it to purchase a firearm, you have to go through the system.

So "Shall not be infringed" stops at their locked door I guess.

That’s not what the Ga constitution says ,
Paragraph VIII. Arms, right to keep and bear. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, but the General Assembly shall have power to prescribe the manner in which arms may be borne.

Seems GA wants to always control the manner in which they are carried, so in GA constitutional carry is what the general assembly says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s not what the Ga constitution says ,
Paragraph VIII. Arms, right to keep and bear. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, but the General Assembly shall have power to prescribe the manner in which arms may be borne.

Seems GA wants to always control the manner in which they are carried, so in GA constitutional carry is what the general assembly says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carry concealed in Henry Co. without a valid permit and see what happens. Constitutional Carry has not been granted to us peons by the Ga. General Assembly. If so, we wouldn't be paying the State for that right with these ridiculous CCW permits.

I got mine in Cobb last September , ..well it finally went through in Nov after talking to the Probate Judge about a past conviction .
we moved into our house February 2020. My texas permit was still good but I was official a GA resident. Cobb shut their **** down I think march 1st or something. I got in for my prints in maybe august but carried until then. whoops.
before 1990 I never had a permit and always had a 1911
cheers
Carry concealed in Henry Co. without a valid permit and see what happens. Constitutional Carry has not been granted to us peons by the Ga. General Assembly. If so, we wouldn't be paying the State for that right with these ridiculous CCW permits.
If it's concealed, nothing happens. Until they find it. So there's that.

I got my first carry permit the day I turned 21 at the McDonough court house. I think it was $15. I left Henry county 18 years ago and look what happened. Dammit someone please take the flag with you when you leave.

Back
Top Bottom