• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Henry Long Ranger or Browning BLR

davans

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Airborne Infantry
76   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have some first hand experience with these two rifles?
I’m getting the itch for a nice lever gun in .308 Anyone have a good comparison of the 2?
Really interested in the accuracy comparison.

I'd go stainless whichever you choose.
I've had the same itch lately ,myself. With no first hand experience either. But normally when I find myself in this dillema,I ask myself which will hold resell value the best, if I decide its not for me.
Therefore I'm gonna go with the BLR.
I think for the difference in price, which isn't that much once you pass the 1k mark,anyhow I think I'd be happier.
But I've been wrong before.

I love my Henry but I've had Brownings in the past that I liked as well. Difference for me is customer service. Henry is a-one in customer service and like they say "Made in America or not made at all!"

And you'll never find a smoother action out of the box than on a Henry.

I looked the Henry up, nice rifle. It looks like they're both pretty equal. If I were going with a Browning, I'd find an old steel receiver model. That said, the lever isn't the most accurate design. Usually a 2" group at 100yds would be the norm. Both are clip fed, something easy to loose. In that instance, I like a side loader. But then you're limited to a short range cartridge. I've been down this road. To settle the dilemma I wound up with a quality single shot rifle with a ammo sleeve on the stock. I've taken three deer at a time with any action you can think of. With the sturdy single shot the sky is the limit with cartridge and it's more accurate to boot. I do like a good lever action and always have, but it's limited to what you can do. That said, you could go with a 45-70. It's taken everything that walks on the planet, you're just limited on range. And recoil with a 7lb rifle in this cartridge I wouldn't consider comfortable

I love my Henry but I've had Brownings in the past that I liked as well. Difference for me is customer service. Henry is a-one in customer service and like they say "Made in America or not made at all!"

And you'll never find a smoother action out of the box than on a Henry.
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your Henry ?

Back
Top Bottom