• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here it comes. More controls.

Here is where the bastards work. “The gray area” That dick Garland is tasked with making up his own definition of who fits this despicable regimes idea of a “gun dealer”. It damn sure won’t do anything to slow down one New Orleans, Chicago or Atlanta street killing. It’s targeted at you and me and the last guy you did an ODT deal with. You know, the real cause of all the violence in this country.

(i) clarify the definition of who is engaged in the business of dealing in firearms, and thus required to become Federal firearms licensees (FFLs), in order to increase compliance with the Federal background check requirement for firearm sales, including by considering a rulemaking, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law;

Talos, why don't you pick up a 7 inch barreled one for me too, while you're out there shopping. I'll pay you back for it later with some profit margin for you.

(This is probably the kind of scenario that Biden wants to crack down on --amateurs doing straw purchases, and hobbyists doing a high volume of selling guns but claiming they are not in the business.)

Section g has the Transportation Sec. tasked with filling that part. He's too busy being on parental leave and visiting train wrecks in Ohio to do that. Anyone tell Biden yet?

Talos, why don't you pick up a 7 inch barreled one for me too, while you're out there shopping. I'll pay you back for it later with some profit margin for you.

(This is probably the kind of scenario that Biden wants to crack down on --amateurs doing straw purchases, and hobbyists doing a high volume of selling guns but claiming they are not in the business.)
I wonder how many you can sell before it becomes a problem in their eyes.

There is one provision I can agree with:
(i) clarify the definition of who is engaged in the business of dealing in firearms, and thus required to become Federal firearms licensees (FFLs), in order to increase compliance with the Federal background check requirement for firearm sales, including by considering a rulemaking, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law;
This has needed to be done for a long time, whatever it ends up saying. Right now, according to BATF, "being engaged in the business of dealing in firearms" means whatever BATF says it means at the moment. A bright line definition is needed, which whatever it says, will provide some protection for non-licensed citizens.

Overall, I don't see any text that supports the headline - any government action that makes it harder to buy a gun.

I do see a lot of window dressing for studies and reports.

Please tell me this is sarcasm…. They don’t want any guns period but the next best thing is universal background checks conducted by the dealers they don’t decide to revoke their licenses over simple paperwork errors. After that registration to track who is a potential issue for them down the road.

Imagine you hire a secretary who makes a minor mistake on documents submitted to court and instead of it being an easy correction you are disbarred. That’s what they have done to FFLs…. The government isn’t a friend of the 2nd Amendment are you?

Back
Top Bottom