• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go...

Hickok is a blubbering fool. Killer backyard and I'd love to make money just to talk and get free guns and ammo. I'd live that life if I could. But the guy doesn't give any useful info on anything. He loves everything because he's paid to love it.
Now you've gone too far. Angry react for you bud

It was. But on the subject I do recall a pump shotgun being called a trench gun and was highly feared and highly respected in World War I. You can't underestimate The lethality of a pump shotgun. However, one must practice to get proficient at it. I do believe someone who shot a pump shotgun for a long time would be effective in a self-defense situation. Let us marinate on that situation for a minute.
Exactly!! And remember the slam fire police and military models. However they also had the A5 platform as well. Personally I like a shotgun, but I like any good weapons system

Hickok is a blubbering fool. Killer backyard and I'd love to make money just to talk and get free guns and ammo. I'd live that life if I could. But the guy doesn't give any useful info on anything. He loves everything because he's paid to love it.
Was just making a joke but that old grandpa can probably outshoot most of us on here & proves it every week. Sure he gets free ammo but 85% of his videos Ive seen are his rare antiques that he acquired while teaching English & his friends laughed at him for buying impractical stuff that’s worth alot now. Your right that old washed up Jerry Miculek probably can’t teach yougins anything either.

FWIW, and I know this from actual experiments (or field repairs), using shotguns with different type actions, most semi automatic shotguns will not cycle fired one handed. Unless you hold one against your body, then you lose whatever advantage you think you had. Even then they may not cycle reliably,
Like I said the M4 would likely cycle laying on the ground with no bracing at all if the trigger was pulled.
Heard the 930 was similarly reliable. Probably gonna get one soon and find out.
But many shot guns that work fairly well braced are junk with out bracing.
That article assumed that all most all semi guns were reliable, and I just don’t think that is the case.

People who say shotguns for home defense, have never fired one inside a home without ear pro. lol

There's much better options for home defense than a shotgun, IMO. BUT "better" is subjective. Someone who has poor hand strength may find it easier to manipulate a shotgun or AR, than a pistol. Someone with 1 arm would likely find it easier to manipulate a pistol, than a shotgun. It all comes down to preference, budget, application, and training. Some people don't see the need to spend $1000 on a rifle, when they're $300 Mossberg suits them.
Amen! Every person in every circumstance is different. What works for one may not work for the other so it's really on what the person prefers and his ability to use effectively. Very good point Freedom USMC!

Back
Top Bottom