• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go...

Are you assuming that you confront the target BEFORE you ratchet a round into the chamber? Would you wait until you confront the target BEFORE you put a round into the chamber of the semi auto. If so, you probably would already be dead.
Nobody assumes that. Except fudds. Fudds like an empty chamber cuz dey safe.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
I had no idea how ignorant I am having a pump action shotgun, and not a vastly superior ammunition dependent semi-auto in the home defense stable. Ranks right up there with the archaic 1911 for uselessness.
But, since I’m a poor, I’ll just keep mine in the old ‘House of Fudd’ and hope for the best.
And even though I’m aware the pump racking sound is not the deterrent to intruders it was always rumored to be, I still find it oddly comforting.

OP, I see nothing wrong with your opinion(s), except that I'd include the Remington 1100 & 1187 in with the Mossy 930 as far as reasonably-priced Semiautos that just WORK...

...and while we're slaying Sacred Cows, Rob Haught's Push-Pull "Recoil Reduction Technique" is totally unnecessary/redundant with a decent gas-operated Semiauto and a good, firm mount & cheeking of the stock...Not to mention that it probably doesn't work even with Pump Guns--There, I said it!

One thing that wasn't really talked about and has always been my main gripe against pump shorts is the need for two arms, two hands. If self defense situation, the likelihood of me needing to use one hand or arm for another purpose, like moving kids/wife, is much higher. Or, if you lose use of one of your hands or arms due to injury.

Shotguns have no practical use for home protection anymore……..there I said it…, so many better options

1663882533515.gif

Two hands is a great point

I’ve always viewed pumps as better cuz they generally have higher capacity and they cycle everything equally well — and my old shoulder prefers light loads.

Back
Top Bottom