• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go...

I have 2 mossberg 500's. One sits by the bed, the other sits under the backseat of the truck. They've always gone bang when I pulled the trigger. I have a safe full of Beretta and Benelli shotguns. I've had issues from both brands. I still love them tho. I disagree on the weapon reliability claim of the OP's. However, I agree on the human reliability portion of it. A benelli m4 is on my list of weapons to pick up. But 2 mortgages, a baby on the way, and remodeling the house we're in kind of gets in the way of gun funds sometimes. Being poor is a drag.
Ty, that’s what I was trying to convey that alot of people on here can’t afford steak much less the gas. Maybe 50 cents for a coke not $2.

Attachments

• DE546555-6460-426A-A310-200C5B381C7D.png
    DE546555-6460-426A-A310-200C5B381C7D.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 9
Annnnnnnd, you ignore the remainder of the comment. Classic.
No I just pointed out that one glaring problem. Using a long shotgun one handed while doing something with your other hand pushing/moving stuff is probably a recipe for disaster. Then I don’t see how one would trump another, in that particular situation. Unless it’s all you got, then by all means do what you have too as a Hail Mary.

The other part was a joke that people think you can get away with out aiming since it’s a shotgun, I didn’t mean that towards you. Just one of my pet peeves.
Sorry if I came across wrong.

I have 2 mossberg 500's. One sits by the bed, the other sits under the backseat of the truck. They've always gone bang when I pulled the trigger. I have a safe full of Beretta and Benelli shotguns. I've had issues from both brands. I still love them tho. I disagree on the weapon reliability claim of the OP's. However, I agree on the human reliability portion of it. A benelli m4 is on my list of weapons to pick up. But 2 mortgages, a baby on the way, and remodeling the house we're in kind of gets in the way of gun funds sometimes. Being poor is a drag.
The article/post isn't about cost. Although quality tends to cost more.

The post also clearly states that it isn't about only mechanical function of a pump action, or bolt gun or lever gun.

The driving point to the guy's post is the human error that is introduced. That is the argument he is making.

Plinking, vs hunting, vs competition vs defense/your life is on the line all have different needs and end goals. The firearm, the ammo, the Indian.

No I just pointed out that one glaring problem. Using a long shotgun one handed while doing something with your other hand pushing/moving stuff is probably a recipe for disaster. Then I don’t see how one would trump another, in that particular situation. Unless it’s all you got, then by all means do what you have too as a Hail Mary.

The other part was a joke that people think you can get away with out aiming since it’s a shotgun, I didn’t mean that towards you. Just one of my pet peeves.
Fully agree with the pet peeve of just point and shoot your scatter gun. It's right there with the just racking the gun noise bs.

I wasn't throwing up a hail Mary. The point is simply pump shotguns require the use of two hands. There are any number of reasons why 1 hand may be occupied or unusable, rendering the pump shotgun useless. I actually don't think a shotgun is the best choice for HD for a number of reasons. One handed manipulation and control being one of them. But if it's what someone chooses, probably should think of potential pitfalls of the choice and alternatives.

The article/post isn't about cost. Although quality tends to cost more.

The post also clearly states that it isn't about only mechanical function of a pump action, or bolt gun or lever gun.

The driving point to the guy's post is the human error that is introduced. That is the argument he is making.

Plinking, vs hunting, vs competition vs defense/your life is on the line all have different needs and end goals. The firearm, the ammo, the Indian.
I'll be honest, I stopped reading shortly in. I figured it was just more "I spent more money than you" drivel. Like I said, I completely agree on the human error side of it. I'm pretty guilty of buying the nicest and most expensive most of the time. I just don't flaunt it or post about it. (Not saying you do.) My policy on gear is buy what you can AFFORD and USE. I'd rather My neighbor be armed with a maverick 88 than a musket should we be invaded. There will be plenty of people who bought expensive gear that got clapped right off the bat because they didn't know how to use it. I'll get the Gucci stuff I dreamed of then.

One solution but this is “no country for old men” unless your this guy

Attachments

• 6807057E-3A4A-429C-A717-34A55056D2A7.png
    6807057E-3A4A-429C-A717-34A55056D2A7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I'll be honest, I stopped reading shortly in. I figured it was just more "I spent more money than you" drivel. Like I said, I completely agree on the human error side of it. I'm pretty guilty of buying the nicest and most expensive most of the time. I just don't flaunt it or post about it. (Not saying you do.) My policy on gear is buy what you can AFFORD and USE. I'd rather My neighbor be armed with a maverick 88 than a musket should we be invaded. There will be plenty of people who bought expensive gear that got clapped right off the bat because they didn't know how to use it. I'll get the Gucci stuff I dreamed of then.
There was almost no "I spent more money than you drivel" in the post. What one could potentially be offended at was at the very end of it. Amazing how weak minded some are and immediately get offended.

One solution but this is “no country for old men” unless your this guy
Hickok is a blubbering fool. Killer backyard and I'd love to make money just to talk and get free guns and ammo. I'd live that life if I could. But the guy doesn't give any useful info on anything. He loves everything because he's paid to love it.

Back
Top Bottom