• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More info. Here's one for the suppressor experts. Update!

Got back to the range today with different ammo. Conditions were very windy. These groups are representative of the results from several groups with both loads.

It clearly has something to do with the powder being used.

Underwood with Lehigh 194 grain. Much better than the Gorilla ammo, but still a clear shift of POI. Maybe slight keyholing.
Underwood.jpg

The two rounds that are at 4:00 and 8:30 were shots made when the can was completely clear of all gasses. The group centered around 3 MOA low were shot at a normal pace loading one round at a time after a round had been fired to load the can with gas, allowing a few moments for the can to partially clear of gas.
The lowest one was a rapid follow up shot loaded from the mag. This gave the can the least amount of time to clear.
The one that is 1.75 MOA low was after giving the can a little more time to clear than the normal pace of firing one round at a time.

There is a clear correlation between how much gas was in the can and how low the POI is.

Hornady 190 grain Sub-X. :rockon:
Sub-X.jpg

Honey Badger load. Did not give a **** what the condition of the gas in the can was. Shot consistent sub 1 MOA groups all day long.

I have no idea what is going on here but I am going to bite. I plan on doing the rattler accuracy testing wednesday and was going to stick to unsuppressed but in light of this thread, I am going to do both suppressed and unsuppressed with all the ammo. If there is a possibility of what you speak of, it should definitely show up in a 5.5" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom