• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here's why we'll lose the battle to remove supressors from the NFA

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
http://readwrite.com/2017/05/11/can-iot-prevent-gun-violence-across-cities-cl1/

The ShotSpotter technology is going to catch on in cities, and the anti-gunners will make it the poster child for why us law-abiding citizens can't protect our hearing without spending thousands of dollars on devices that cost $25 to manufacture.

Personally, I think ShotSpooter is a useful tool for gun violence plagued cities. If cops can catch violent, criminal knuckleheads in Chiraq with this tool, great.

I just hate that the rest of us will be lumped in with the bad guys as needing to be controlled and policed.

This might not cancel the HPA because suppressors are not currently used by gang bangers (or at least not reported). Also, remember that suppressors don't muffle the supersonic crack of a bullet and are not movie quiet. There still is a sonic signature that the system could capture and report on. That being said; how would like to monitor that system New Year's Eve from dark to dawn.:doh:

Like it or not, removing suppressors from the NFA, (which I'm completely in favor of), will make them more accessible to criminals. Oil filters and solvent traps and feather pillows are still a pain, when you can screw a small can onto the barrel they're more attractive.

We shall see. I think the general public equate reality with the movie portrayals, and little will convince them otherwise.

Suppressor's for civilians are mandated in France.

Noise pollution, hearing damage, ****, OSHA would mandate here if given half a chance.

I see this as low hanging fruit begging the will and right piece of "properly" worded legislation.

Then there is that nasty poll tax to exercise a right that if the ACLU picked up and supported repeal, it would spin liberal heads off..

Reactions: MRH
Saying this would affect the HPA would be the same as comparing California's gun laws to other parts of the country's gun laws. Just because HPA would create an NFA registry removal of suppressors does not mean that Chicago or California or New Jersey or New York would honor it. Take capacity bans for one example, or the featureless rifles that are required in some states.

Back
Top Bottom