• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here's your sign, moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm another one that grew up on KFC (when I didn't get fried chicken at Granny's on Sunday)..............Granny passed on many years ago and I swore off KFC about the same time. Colonel Sanders was a fine fella, but them damn punks that work there now ain't worth spit.
I didn't actually even know about KFC growing up, we rarely ever ate out at a restaurant but when we did we went to a place called Johnny Reb's on Roosevelt Hwy. in College Park or a place called Caruso's (not sure if I spelled it right) in downtown Atlanta, a real Italian restaurant. Johnny Reb's was a country cooking style restaurant, damn sure couldn't have a place with that name these days or BLM would burn it down. Next to my Grandmother's fried chicken they had the best fried chicken I ever tasted.
Popeye's chicken is better than KFC's anyway. It's fine with me if KFC runs out.
You got that right! And Bojangles has some mighty good fried chicken too.
I would say that about 75% of the population today are complete idiots and that's why I spend my time in the woods with more intelligent species like deer, bears, earthworms etc.
The other day I watched a butterfly flying around and it's head was smaller that a BB. But it was able to operate 2 wings, 6 legs and two antennas yet we have people that need a friggin car that parks itself, tells you when you are out of your lane, brakes for you and a damn cell phone to run every aspect of their lives.
I'm thinking it's closer to 85-90% myself. I'd rather be in the woods too or spend some quality time with my dog Finlay, he's my buddy. Other than that I'd much rather be spending time with my wife or my sons and my daughter in law, they're freakin' awesome! My sons are 34 & 36 and my daughter in law just turned 30 recently, they're NOTHING like many of the millennials out there these days. They're responsible self sustaining adults who don't whine moan & complain & cry about everything, my youngest son and his wife are both Veterans and they're working towards starting up they're own business. My oldest son survived damn near dying 10 years ago from type1 diabetes, pulled himself up by the bootstraps with a little help from us and a great doctor and now is healthy more or less for someone with that disease keeping his blood sugar under control and eating right and exercising. He only had a 10% chance of surviving through the night when we rushed him to the hospital that night, his blood sugar was 1239! They couldn't believe he even walked into the hospital with me helping a little, they said he should have been in a coma on his way to death within an hour but he's stubborn as hell like me and his mom. I've stared at death's door myself about 6 different times but I just wouldn't give up and die and neither would he. Lol! My wife has dealt with having been diagnosed with MS for the last 14 years and she's still kicking MS's ass, even had a heart attack just over a month ago caused by two 90% blockages in her coronary artery, had two stents put in and she's still not letting it kick her ass. I can't even express how much I love and admire my wife and kids, I am such a lucky man to have a family of fighters like they are. Very lucky indeed.....

I didn't actually even know about KFC growing up, we rarely ever ate out at a restaurant but when we did we went to a place called Johnny Reb's on Roosevelt Hwy. in College Park or a place called Caruso's (not sure if I spelled it right) in downtown Atlanta, a real Italian restaurant. Johnny Reb's was a country cooking style restaurant, damn sure couldn't have a place with that name these days or BLM would burn it down. Next to my Grandmother's fried chicken they had the best fried chicken I ever tasted.

You got that right! And Bojangles has some mighty good fried chicken too.

I'm thinking it's closer to 85-90% myself. I'd rather be in the woods too or spend some quality time with my dog Finlay, he's my buddy. Other than that I'd much rather be spending time with my wife or my sons and my daughter in law, they're freakin' awesome! My sons are 34 & 36 and my daughter in law just turned 30 recently, they're NOTHING like many of the millennials out there these days. They're responsible self sustaining adults who don't whine moan & complain & cry about everything, my youngest son and his wife are both Veterans and they're working towards starting up they're own business. My oldest son survived damn near dying 10 years ago from type1 diabetes, pulled himself up by the bootstraps with a little help from us and a great doctor and now is healthy more or less for someone with that disease keeping his blood sugar under control and eating right and exercising. He only had a 10% chance of surviving through the night when we rushed him to the hospital that night, his blood sugar was 1239! They couldn't believe he even walked into the hospital with me helping a little, they said he should have been in a coma on his way to death within an hour but he's stubborn as hell like me and his mom. I've stared at death's door myself about 6 different times but I just wouldn't give up and die and neither would he. Lol! My wife has dealt with having been diagnosed with MS for the last 14 years and she's still kicking MS's ass, even had a heart attack just over a month ago caused by two 90% blockages in her coronary artery, had two stents put in and she's still not letting it kick her ass. I can't even express how much I love and admire my wife and kids, I am such a lucky man to have a family of fighters like they are. Very lucky indeed.....
With parents like you there is hope for the future. Glad to hear you and your wife have raised tough, strong kids and I guarantee they learned by the example yall set each and everyday. You've had to shoulder some big burdens and unfortunately life can deal some crappy cards but only the strong survive and you have every right to be proud of your family.

I stopped at a Popeye's the other week, ordered a 3 pc. Voice comes back "we a'int got no chicken" no, it'll be a few minutes, just ''we a'int got no chicken''.

For those in Macon, it was the one on Shurling Dr.

I stopped at a Popeye's the other week, ordered a 3 pc. Voice comes back "we a'int got no chicken" no, it'll be a few minutes, just ''we a'int got no chicken''.

For those in Macon, it was the one on Shurling Dr.
LOL, you should have seen the riot that broke out in 2011 when they ran a $5 12 piece meal deal.....and ran out of yard bird.......LOL!!!!

With parents like you there is hope for the future. Glad to hear you and your wife have raised tough, strong kids and I guarantee they learned by the example yall set each and everyday. You've had to shoulder some big burdens and unfortunately life can deal some crappy cards but only the strong survive and you have every right to be proud of your family.
Thanks man. We ARE survivors, giving up ain't allowed. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom