• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

He's in Jail Now!

Back in the 60s, I know I'm old, some friends would go camping. Every day the bears would come to the campgrounds,go straight to the garbage can, then leave. They followed the same trail every day, same time. One of the party wanted to find out what would happen if something was in their way so he stood in their trail. Omnevbig bear walked up. Stood up and swatted him out of their way any followed their routine. Some people are really stupid

My buddy walked out his garage and put a big dip of snuff in. So he wouldn't spill it on the floor I guess. Anyway he heard rustling on his right and looked over. Two small cubs just standing there checking him out like nothing was happening. Then the hairs on the back of neck stood up. That instant he though if there are cubs where is mamma. He slowly looked behind him and sure enough there was a big female, mama was watching very carefully. Chuck said the mom did not look aggressive and was postured normal but was just looking at him. He said he slowly backed back in the garage and slipped in the door. He said he had to go check his underwear when he got back in.
Good story! Big question is....did he swallow his dip? :puke:

Back in the 60s, I know I'm old, some friends would go camping. Every day the bears would come to the campgrounds,go straight to the garbage can, then leave. They followed the same trail every day, same time. One of the party wanted to find out what would happen if something was in their way so he stood in their trail. Omnevbig bear walked up. Stood up and swatted him out of their way any followed their routine. Some people are really stupid
LOL. Nature and animals are beautiful but stay the f*** out of a bears way.

Taste's like greasy chicken.
:thumb:And you’re not the first to tell me that. I’m hoping to find a good recipe one day. I think somebody already sent me one on here a few years ago? I’ll have to look. But yea, B Bellman2 ’s story is one we can live by. Especially if we ever come across an older or injured one… it’s best to steer clear or somebody’s getting tore up.

20 miles??? He’ll be back in a couple days.
They are putting on a tracking collar so time will tell.. Last time we had a cub in our area tearing up things, I called DNR. I was told that if they trapped him and relocated him, the Alpha male in the area would kill him.. So I solved the problem with 12 gauge bean bags..

They are putting on a tracking collar so time will tell.. Last time we had a cub in our area tearing up things, I called DNR. I was told that if they trapped him and relocated him, the Alpha male in the area would kill him.. So I solved the problem with 12 gauge bean bags..
Did you snicker just a little?

Depends on the food supply too. If there’s plenty of it, the alpha won’t be as likely to mess with him. If there’s no food, he won’t put up with junior.

Back
Top Bottom