• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey all you 80’s and 90’s kids, check out this movie trailer! “READY PLAYER ONE”

gifrific.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_09_disgusted_clint_eastwood.gif

Oh man, ME TOO!

I’ve watched a bunch of official trailers on YouTube and have heard...

A-ha - “Take on me”
Van Halen - “Jump”
Men Without Hats - “Safety Dance”

And as payneed payneed pointed out....

WILLY WONKA!

My head is FULL of worthless data... :doh:
Getting it to "leak out" and be helpful is the tricky part.:)
"Pure Imagination" :thumb:

Definitely liked the book better. My biggest reason is that even though the movie had a lot of emphasis on knowledge and trivia of everything that it encompasses (that is the plot after all), it just didn’t capture the essence of “you MUST know all of the trivia” that the book characters had. My family and I typically will throw in movie references and quotes in just about everything we say to each other (if my father is trying to get me to hurry up with something at work he will text me a photo of Sam L. Jackson from Coming to America, which means “COME ON MF!”. So in the book when he had to play out the entirety of Wargames I was right at home. Also my father is a huuuuge Ultraman fan having grown up watching the show as a kid, and when I found out that Hayata/Ultraman was nixed from the film that was a rather big let down. All things considered though, I loved the movie and can’t wait to pause every frame of it when it comes out for sale.

Back
Top Bottom