• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey Carpenters- Staircase Rebuild

While I was demo’ing, the wife consulted joanna gaines and this is what Im told I want now.
View attachment 2910730

LMAO...good time to drop that channel from your tv service.

seriously though, how about ruff cut wood? (No slip hazard) I’ve done some pretty HD work with some I had cut at a friends sawmill. Like these floating shelves. Stained with no poly.
8C590DF6-DFF6-43B4-82DE-EBF2279EE5BC.jpeg

LMAO...good time to drop that channel from your tv service.

seriously though, how about ruff cut wood? (No slip hazard) I’ve done some pretty HD work with some I had cut at a friends sawmill. Like these floating shelves. Stained with no poly.
View attachment 2910778
I don't even have cable bro. All she has to do is pull up Google.

All depends on cost. Sawed lumber would be fine with me and would probably pass inspection. I'll have to call around and see whats available.

I don't even have cable bro. All she has to do is pull up Google.

All depends on cost. Sawed lumber would be fine with me and would probably pass inspection. I'll have to call around and see whats available.
And incidentally, my wife stained ours with a (HGTV) technique vs store bought stain. It’s a combination of black tea, vinegar and steel wool rust.

Think about the future. My 6" riser deck stairs are so much more comfortable to climb than my 8" riser basement steps. That is, if you have room at the bottom to extend.
Im about to do the math on my stringers. I see that current code is 7”. If Im going to go to the trouble of replacing all the treads/risers, then I may as well throw $60 in stringers at it and get some comfortable steps. Also, I noticed the top two treads were made from 3/4”. Got to measuring and the rise is off on the second step so thats how they compensated. The rest of the stairs have an 8-1/2” rise and then the landing would be two 8” steps. Im waiting to hear back from the mill on cost. Im leaning pretty heavy towards making new stringers to make it right and get closer to a 7” rise.

Back
Top Bottom