• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey Hayata and Alleycat! Nanner Nanner Boo Boo!

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
I got an absolutely pristine Egyptian Hakim 8mm. Ya'll just keep your SVT-40s:cool-new:
hak1.jpg

I love this rifle so much, I'm thinking about getting it done in nickel boron finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse my bench. Its an actual working bench that gets used often

NICE!

What time do you want us to come over on Sunday to try that bad boy out?

That sucker was loosely based off of the SVT-40, wasn't it? The receiver area looks really similar. I'm guessing the guts are too.

Now if I can just get my gas system regulated where I don't blow out my extractor...

Excuse my bench. Its an actual working bench that gets used often
Looks cleaner than mine. You don't have a bunch of insane half an idea things going.

- - - Updated - - -

NICE!

That sucker was loosely based off of the SVT-40, wasn't it? The receiver area looks really similar. I'm guessing the guts are too.

Now if I can just get my gas system regulated where I don't blow out my extractor...

Have you tried some lower power hand loads?

NICE!

Sunday sounds fine, Im definitely going to shoot it. I dont think its remotely like the SVT the whole dust cover slides forward to pull the action back.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks cleaner than mine. You don't have a bunch of insane half an idea things going.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a bunch of half ideas going on but I raked them in the floor to take a pic:D

Nope, just surplus stuff. Everything I read on the interwebz says use the "1.5" setting. 300Hoghunter blew out my extractor at Charlie Elliott a few weeks back. Luckily found all the pieces parts and got her back together. When I first shot 'er I had the "1.3" setting, which was too low. Unfortunately, there is no "1.4".

Nope, just surplus stuff. Everything I read on the interwebz says use the "1.5" setting. 300Hoghunter blew out my extractor at Charlie Elliott a few weeks back. Luckily found all the pieces parts and got her back together. When I first shot 'er I had the "1.3" setting, which was too low. Unfortunately, there is no "1.4".
I would suggest getting some load data for the rounds, and work that angel instead. Easier than hunting parts on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom