• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey Odt Tire Dealers

Mine's wobbling too. Dealer says it's normal but I don't know ...
tenor(25).gif

What kind of car is it? What tire size?
The Comfort Tread Tires are problematic. I have found the problem is in the bead. They changed the design years ago and since then they are a pain in the ass to get right. The bead does not seat right on the rim even though they look perfect. Airing them to 45 psi and using a BFH all the way around the tire close to the bead/wheel seems to help 80% of them. Who has time for all that nonsense?

For $120. per tire the Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S touring is a good value and a great ride. I would not have said so 10 years ago, they have upped their game. The Yokohama Avid Ascend GT is around $140. a tire and an awesome tire, great ride great traction and great wear. The URTP is a 700 tread wear and the YokGT is a 740. Both much better tire than the Goodyear IMHO.
Be aware the Michelin Premiere A/S is a great ride however it only has 8.5 32nds of tread and 2/32 is legally worn out so only 6.5 32nds of useable tread. They wear out quick. The Uniroyal and the Yokohama have 11/32 and full depth on the sipes.

did you have the wheel/rim checked? Just curious and I'm no fan of Goodyear.
Aluminum rims and Ive inspected them myself. They initially said my rims were bent. I came home and checked the ID/OD and bead seat faces. Most runout I found was .015. After showing him a video of my readings and the tire running on my back axle in drive, he knew I had bad tires and his balancer boy didnt set the cone right. I try to give these guys the benefit of the doubt when doing work for me. But sometimes its hard coming from a mechanic background and having mounted and balanced a slew of tires myself. Told my wife the first chance I get at buying a used Coats changer and balancer, Im doing it.

For $120. per tire the Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S touring is a good value and a great ride. I would not have said so 10 years ago, they have upped their game. The Yokohama Avid Ascend GT is around $140. a tire and an awesome tire, great ride great traction and great wear. The URTP is a 700 tread wear and the YokGT is a 740. Both much better tire than the Goodyear IMHO.
Be aware the Michelin Premiere A/S is a great ride however it only has 8.5 32nds of tread and 2/32 is legally worn out so only 6.5 32nds of useable tread. They wear out quick. The Uniroyal and the Yokohama have 11/32 and full depth on the sipes.
I wont support Michelin anymore. Im good with Japanese tires. He ordered me a set of Toyos. Yokos are good stuff. Ran them a few times.

Aluminum rims and Ive inspected them myself. They initially said my rims were bent. I came home and checked the ID/OD and bead seat faces. Most runout I found was .015. After showing him a video of my readings and the tire running on my back axle in drive, he knew I had bad tires and his balancer boy didnt set the cone right. I try to give these guys the benefit of the doubt when doing work for me. But sometimes its hard coming from a mechanic background and having mounted and balanced a slew of tires myself. Told my wife the first chance I get at buying a used Coats changer and balancer, Im doing it.
Its tough when you know way more than the shop doing the work

Back
Top Bottom