• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey old guyz. Tell us a story from the old days ;)

images.jpeg

First favorite wrassler of mine was named
Argentine Rocca, iirc he 'fought' barefoot.

Classmate of mine was real smart and his
dad was apparently brilliant as well. Made
his own observatory and telescope incl.
grinding the lenses himself. When he'd come
home at 5 he'd tell his son "Henry, send your
friend home time to get on your studies."
On Saturday his dad be in front of the TV hollering
at the wrasslers. seemed like such a contradiction.
Henry would leave jr high and high school midday
to go attend classes at N.C. State. Good indicator
of how far ahead of us his dad had pushed him.

in the late 60's I worked at the Cartersville Wrestling arena and became friends with Jack Armstrong, The Assassins, El Mongel and started working out with The Professional for a while. Mario Galanto's Daughter was a Lady wrestler and I got to know her well enough to say, never let a lady wrestler wrap her legs around yer head, almost suffocated before she had enough to let me up for air.

When I was a youngster, my brother was headed through the 475/75 split just south of Macon. Bibb county deputies liked to hide in that area. The brother was running well over 100mph at the bottom of the entrance ramp in his 351 Cleveland equipped '71 Cougar. Deputy fired up a thoroughly cold LTD and immediately floored it. Blew the LTD's motor up within 1/4 mile. That was hilarious!

When I was a youngster, my brother was headed through the 475/75 split just south of Macon. Bibb county deputies liked to hide in that area. The brother was running well over 100mph at the bottom of the entrance ramp in his 351 Cleveland equipped '71 Cougar. Deputy fired up a thoroughly cold LTD and immediately floored it. Blew the LTD's motor up within 1/4 mile. That was hilarious!
I blew the stock motor in my ‘54 Merc the same way. Wound out a stone cold engine, it literally grenaded. Threw a rod, destroyed a piston, broke the crank in two places, slung a lifter through the top of the block.
Expensive lesson for a broke teenager.

Back
Top Bottom