• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hi Caliber robbed again!

Here's a compilation of the burglaries at Hi Caliber and Big Woods Goods (BWG) from various media sources:

View attachment 1891064

View attachment 1891063

Observations:
(Note: The above info came from local ATL media sources ... for whatever that's worth.)
All incidents have occurred on Wednesday/Saturday early in the morning using "smash & grab" approach.
The Holly Springs Police Department (HSPD) is only 1/2 mile north of both LGSs.
It's a well known fact that HSPD shift changes at 6:30 a.m.
Good to see you around my friend!

12 rounds of buck shot throws out a lot of 33 caliber balls around. That's a lot of crap getting freaked up. Besides the shotgun is twice as loud and that weighs heavy on criminals minds.It s a huge metal deterrent. Each shot throws eight 33 caliber balls as opposed to a single 22 caliber pellet out of rifle per shot. That's a 192 33 caliber balls doing some serious carannage. Even If you don't get hit all the noise and crap flying around is going to give them a total brown out with heavy gravy as well.

What about those big cement filled pipes the sink into the ground. Put them in strategic places would keep those cars from reaching the vulnerable parts of the wall. Why in the world wouldn't they install these

There was an alarm
Weapons like long guns, machine guns, assault weapons are safe kept.

What you see on the sales floor isn’t all the guns in the store, the safe is packed, trust me when I tell you that and it’s almost impossible to set up and break down 700 guns every day. Ever tried to sell people a bunch of scratched up heavily handled firearms?

It’s not an inside job, the owner has paid out of pocket for his loss so as not to use insurance how would that behoove him?

I get that a safe can only hold so much, Buy a bigger safe? Higher armed security. Paying Out of pocket for repairs and replacement inventory it would seem like it's cheaper to pay a $12 an hr security contractor to stay over night but that's just me.

An inside job doesn't have to be the owner, it could be an employee, former employee or friend of any of them....

"Weapons like long guns, machine guns, assault weapons are safe kept."

That's great but... What guns to criminals want/use most in crimes? Is it an AR or a hammer? Or maybe a handgun?

So you lock up the hard to carry guns and leave the easy to move with guns out? Makes perfect sense to me... Yep.

I have worked at a pawn shop, I know what it's like to empty the racks, shelves and glass cases every night and replace every morning. Guess what, we were still robbed but they never got jewelry, guns or high dollar electronics from Us.

There was an alarm
Weapons like long guns, machine guns, assault weapons are safe kept.

What you see on the sales floor isn’t all the guns in the store, the safe is packed, trust me when I tell you that and it’s almost impossible to set up and break down 700 guns every day. Ever tried to sell people a bunch of scratched up heavily handled firearms?

It’s not an inside job, the owner has paid out of pocket for his loss so as not to use insurance how would that behoove him?

Do you know the LEO response time to the call, since you say there was an alarm.....

I know there response time to my street is under two minutes for a code 3 call....

Also... As have stated maybe a trained or even an untrained dog or two would help stop this. Be a cheaper route then armed security guards anyway.

Big woods goods was hit several months ago. None of this is the fault of the business. Some of you sound like a liberal politician after a school shooting. How much more of the burden should this LAW ABIDING store owner shoulder? His store was locked, bollards and brick wall have been put in place and reinforced and yet some of you here sound like it’s still somehow HiCalibers fault that a POS rammed a car into his building several times and robbed the place. (Illegal by the way!). Any more new laws or blame you want to cast on the victim?

We all know that the police are not there to prevent crime. I believe in 2005 the court even said they have no constitutional mandate to protect. It is on individuals to protect and secure themselves and their property. If they make the financial decision to incrementally increase their security that is on them. I personally am not happy about the hundreds of gun that the multiple burglaries have put on the street. Is there any moral culpability?

We all know that the police are not there to prevent crime. I believe in 2005 the court even said they have no constitutional mandate to protect. It is on individuals to protect and secure themselves and their property. If they make the financial decision to incrementally increase their security that is on them. I personally am not happy about the hundreds of gun that the multiple burglaries have put on the street. Is there any moral culpability?

At what point does that moral culpability become the thief’s responsibility? It’s not like HiCaliber leaves the doors open and the lights on with a welcome sign. I would bet that whoever does this has a criminal record. And yet they are released to steal again and again. The court system and minimum sentencing laws are where the upgrades need to be applied. This country does not need more gun control, it needs much tougher criminal control. Start treating these gun thefts like attempted murder and put these rats away for years.

Back
Top Bottom