• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hi-power saga continues

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
I got in New mags and the feeding problem went away and now it's got extracting problems. See pics of some nasty malfunctions. I'm going to pull it down for a deep cleaning but upon inspection, I can flex the extractor with just my fingers. Can I tweak it and tighten it up or just break down and pay through the nose for a new one.
20210619_173809.jpg
20210619_173809.jpg
20210619_173805.jpg

Internal Extractor = older BHP--It might be worthwhile to re-tension or even replace the Extractor. FWIW, Shannon Jennings at Arrowhead Pawn in Jonesboro has some experience dealing with recalcitrant BHP's--HTH

Internal Extractor = older BHP--It might be worthwhile to re-tension or even replace the Extractor. FWIW, Shannon Jennings at Arrowhead Pawn in Jonesboro has some experience dealing with recalcitrant BHP's--HTH

I found a replacement at the tune of $100. I'm trying to convince dad it should probably be gone through with new springs at bare minimum.

There is a pull gauge used to tension the extractor. With a micrometer, you can probably make one yourself.

Internal extractors can be a bit of work to get right, but work fine once set up corrctly.

BTW, is it jamming on firing, or just when cycling rounds?

There is a pull gauge used to tension the extractor. With a micrometer, you can probably make one yourself.

Internal extractors can be a bit of work to get right, but work fine once set up corrctly.

BTW, is it jamming on firing, or just when cycling rounds?

When firing. I tried both new mags and 115g and 147 gr ammo to try to eliminate other factors. The extractor tension is weak. I put an extractor in a 1911 and tuned it by feel with a shell casing with good results.

Back
Top Bottom