• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High blood pressure and Brazilian snake venom

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
Looking for advice here. My blood pressure is way too high. Last night my readings ranged from 206/108 to 161/95. I am 63 yrs old, 6'2" 255 lbs. I'm 40 to 50 lbs overweight and I know it. I was on Lisenopril and another bp medicine until about a year ago. While I was on this medication I was constantly sick...upper respiratory infections and borderline pneumonia all the time.
I stopped the medication and haven't been sick since. But my bp is too high.
I know that if I exercise and go on low carb diet that my bp will go down. It has before. But I am not too good at sticking with that...no excuses but its a fact. I am under LOTS of stress with several issues that I won't go into here...but it's constant stress and has been there for a couple of years now.
What I am wondering is if the ads I see on Facebook about "The Blood Pressure Solution" are worth investigating...or what other natural foods/supplements will help lower my bp.
I'm worried...my dad died at 65 with heart/stroke issues.
Any sincere help appreciated. Snarky, smart-ass commenters can go to hell.

For some people certain things work , but not for others. You just gonna have to use your judgement on what to try and what not to try, if you dont want to take the drugs the docs are prescribing. .
Some people will say “this works for me” and others will say “ i tried that and it wasnt worth a crap, but this worked for me”
I have been the same route. I ended up back on Lisinopril.

For some people certain things work , but not for others. You just gonna have to use your judgement on what to try and what not to try, if you dont want to take the drugs the docs are prescribing. .
Some people will say “this works for me” and others will say “ i tried that and it wasnt worth a crap, but this worked for me”
I have been the same route. I ended up back on Lisinopril.
The Lisinopril was causing chronic bronchitis for me...borderline pneumonia.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but you need some discipline, at least, with your diet. I suggest the south beach diet for a realistic lifestyle change. You dont starve, and still get to enjoy lots of good food. Yes, you will have to cut carbs, but once you get used to it, you won't be missing much.

The man who wrote the book was a cardiologist in south beach, Miami, for 32 years. He became a nutrition expert in that time. He wrote the book specifically for those who have heart disease in their family, along with diabetes. The actual reading is only about 100 pages, but he is a good enough writer to keep it interesting, and the remainder of the book is recipes. I have personally seen this diet work, and have done it myself, so I know that it works, and it isn't that difficult, and it is way more realistic as a lifestyle than the more extreme short term deals, like the Atkins diet.

I had an extra copy around here but I gave it someone already, or I would send it to you. Second hand copies are cheap online, or go check it out at your local library. It beats going back on expensive medication that may or may not work. Plus the benefits are all natural and long term.

Wow, i have never had a reaction like that to it. Not even a cold.
Then you are a lucky man...everybody reacts differently I guess. But the Lisinopril is basically diluted Brazilian snake venom.
In an undiluted dose it attacks the bronchial tubes and can cause death...but it also dilates the blood vessels to speed the venom through the system. That's why it reduces bp.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but you need some discipline, at least, with your diet. I suggest the south beach diet for a realistic lifestyle change. You dont starve, and still get to enjoy lots of good food. Yes, you will have to cut carbs, but once you get used to it, you won't be missing much.

The man who wrote the book was a cardiologist in south beach, Miami, for 32 years. He became a nutrition expert in that time. He wrote the book specifically for those who have heart disease in their family, along with diabetes. The actual reading is only about 100 pages, but he is a good enough writer to keep it interesting, and the remainder of the book is recipes. I have personally seen this diet work, and have done it myself, so I know that it works, and it isn't that difficult, and it is way more realistic as a lifestyle than the more extreme short term deals, like the Atkins diet.

I had an extra copy around here but I gave it someone already, or I would send it to you. Second hand copies are cheap online, or go check it out at your local library. It beats going back on expensive medication that may or may not work. Plus the benefits are all natural and long term.
Agreed...I did Atkins last year and it worked. Problem is just staying on it.

Back
Top Bottom