• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High end hunting clothes

One year me and my father went all out buying gear and clothes and all that to go deer hunting the next season. We were living in Maryland at the time but we had planned an out-of-state hunt back in our home state of Virginia where I live now actually. It was only my dad that took a buck that year but we figured it up on a dollar per pound basis. We figured the meat we bagged off that deer costs about $75 a pound. Not exactly a meat savings trip. I still laugh about how much we spent. I even bought a new Remington pump 30-06. We just did that in anticipation over the hunt. It was good fun all the way around though. You gotta love it!

To each his own but I have never spent much on hunting apparel. I still use some pretty old stuff. Deer really don’t care. However the happier one is heading out each time the more enjoyable the hunt.

I haven’t gotten a chance to try their stuff out. The reviews are great. I like that they’re based out of South Carolina so they’re warm weather gear is made for southern early season hunts when it’s still 85° out lol

I got some firstlite pants and jacket last year, not the thinnest but not the heaviest. works good in the early season. you will spend some money.

I have first lite solitude for my cold-weather gear, and I have to say it is top-notch. Used it several times this past season down in the 20s and was super warm.

You learn to appreciate good high end clothing when you hunt on the ground like I do and the ground is wet. Also when golfing as well. I can't tell you how many times I got caught in a down pour and had just enough time to throw my rain gear on. Wether we had to make it back to the club house or just ride out a quick one in the cart. When I took them off I was bone dry. It's not just for hunting. It's priceless when you really need it no matter what sport you are in.

Back
Top Bottom