• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hiking North Georgia

I've never tried it myself but the arkaquah trail is a little known trail that runs from brasstown bald to track rock so I don't think it gets much traffic

Getting on the Benton Mackaye and Duncan Ridge trail at Hwy 60 and heading north could get you fairly remote. However, getting away from the crowds will be largely due to the fact that it is strenuous and you are going up and down, up and down. I've backpacked that area before and once you get away from the swinging bridge crowd and on your way toward Blood Mountain you will be alone.

talladega national forest has some decent trail with a few near water,the main camp area's get loaded up with people but once away from trail heads the people drop off.
chinnibee silent trail is a nice trail,I've done it several times and it takes me 3 hours to drive there.
you could head up to the walls of jericho along the teen/ala border that place kicks ass

slick rock area up in north carolina is remote,trail follows old logging rail along slick rock creek good waterfalls and skinny dipping holes.
,you can start up high and hike down or start at the bottom end near tapoco the creek is the border between NC and TN

Back
Top Bottom